Rangers FC settle £300,000 damages claim with former director Donald McIntyre

I'd say there's a pretty good chance that Advocaat will have went to Murray with the EBT idea as a way of convincing Murray to let him keep spending money in the transfer market.

Advocaat went to Murrray with a highly complex scheme that allowed players to avoid UK tax? Sounds very implausible to me.

Did one of the tax liabilities not only get found when Whyte went through due diligence ? If so then McIntyre is most certainly responsible for that.

I don't know any of the details on it, Craig, as I haven't seen much written about it that explained what it was about. Have you got any details on it?

Like Stewarty highlights, the tax comps would have been reviewed in detail by Grant Thornton and it's surprising that they also didn't pick it up.

I happen to know that when HMRC attempted to arrest the shortfall £3.7 million someone very sensibly arranged for only £2.3 million to be sitting in the particular account, we can't have HMRC thinking they are a law unto themselves can we now.

I happen to know that when HMRC attempted to arrest the shortfall £3.7 million someone very sensibly arranged for only £2.3 million to be sitting in the particular account, we can't have HMRC thinking they are a law unto themselves can we now.

Doesnt make sense. If we have 3.7 mill in cash on hand then it can be frozen, even if spread over multiple bank accounts.

Freezing assets isnt being a "law unto themselves" - the monies are still Rangers monies until the dispute is resolved.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that if we agreed the 2.3 mill liability it should have been paid by now. You can still dispute the penalty. By not paying the liability we continue to clock up unnecessary interest.

I don't know any of the details on it, Craig, as I haven't seen much written about it that explained what it was about. Have you got any details on it?

Like Stewarty highlights, the tax comps would have been reviewed in detail by Grant Thornton and it's surprising that they also didn't pick it up.

I dont BD, wish we did know.

Yes, strange Grant Thornton also missed it but these things do unfortunately happen in audits. As you know full well the ultimate responsibility of the financials will rest with the CEO and CFO. Cant really blame McIntyre I suppose unless and until we know more about how the liability occurred and was found. Could have been him that found it after all.

HMRC refused part payment, insisting on payment in full which obviously included the disputed penalty.

I am well aware of the Aberdeen Asset Management judgement, it has no correlation to our own circumstances.

How can there be a "shortfall" if as you say HMRC refused part payment the entire sum would be due, a "shortfall" suggests that part payment has been made and accepted.

You are either stupid, ignorant or perhaps just shit stirring, my moneys on all three.

How can there be a "shortfall" if as you say HMRC refused part payment the entire sum would be due, a "shortfall" suggests that part payment has been made and accepted.

You are either stupid, ignorant or perhaps just shit stirring, my moneys on all three.

You are indeed stupid, £500,00 has been paid to account by the previous regime leaving a shortfall of £3.7 million not complicated.

You are indeed stupid, £500,00 has been paid to account by the previous regime leaving a shortfall of £3.7 million not complicated.

HMRC refused part payment, insisting on payment in full which obviously included the disputed penalty.

I am well aware of the Aberdeen Asset Management judgement, it has no correlation to our own circumstances.

Make your mind up, which one is it HMRC accepted a part payment or they refused a part payment?

Make your mind up, which one is it HMRC accepted a part payment or they refused a part payment?

£500,00 has been paid to account by the previous regime leaving a shortfall of £3.7 million not complicated.

What reasons HMRC would have in insisting on the full amount from Mr Whyte is open to interpretation I wouldn't really know, perhaps the urgency to arrest may give a clue.