Ally mccoist raps sone cash claims

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist last night slammed claims Sone Alukoâ??s family raided their savings to make his dream move to Ibrox happen.

As Aluko distanced himself from quotes attributed to him in other newspapers, McCoist blasted reports the Nigerian winger was made to fork out a small fortune to former club Aberdeen in compensation.

Alukoâ??s family and friends were alleged to have paid up to £150,000 to land him a six-month deal at Rangers with an option for a further two years.

McCoist said: â??Someone has come out and said he is paying £150,000, which is really poor.

â??He is paying absolutely nothing like that. If itâ??s a tenth of that, maybe. I know Aberdeen are a little bit upset and I can totally understand where they are coming from.

â??They are reading that the compensation they feel is due to them is coming from his familyâ??s life savings. Iâ??m not sure that makes good reading for Aberdeen or Rangers â?? or if it makes fair reading, when itâ??s not true.

ì

Someone has come out and said he is paying £150,000, which is really poor

î

Ally McCoist

â??There has been talk about the ladâ??s family and all that stuff, which is absolute nonsense.

â??What the lad has done is make a contribution to the compensation, which is not really unusual in this day and age.â?

McCoist, however, was unable to offer any figures in terms of the percentage Rangers had paid and what Aluko coughed up. And he made a confusing story even murkier when asked directly whether Rangers had paid more than the player and his camp.

He said: â??You could argue â??yesâ?? and you could argue â??noâ??.

â??The fact we are paying him a wage would determine the money is coming from somewhere, so you could argue for it and against it.â?

Asked about Aluko stating his friends and family had coughed up cash, McCoist said: â??If he said that, he hasnâ??t said it to me. He has told me something completely opposite.â?

Aluko was last night asked to explain quotes in other newspapers stating that he owed a debt to friends and family who had helped him out financially.

He remarked: â??I said this? No. It is not a case of my family getting their savings and paying Aberdeen. That doesnâ??t happen in football.

â??But I have taken cuts and sacrifices from what we agreed before. I donâ??t want to discuss my contract, but people have to compromise in any negotiations and I did that to make sure it didnâ??t fall through.â?

Meanwhile, Rangersâ?? trip to Arbroath in the Scottish Cup will be live on Sky Sports.

The Light Blues were due to head to Gayfield on January 7 but the match will now kick off on Sunday, January 8 at 12.45pm.

Rangers were last at Gayfield in Scottish Cup action in 2003 when they won 3-0 thanks to goals from Barry Ferguson, Craig Moore and Shota Arveladze.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/286092/Ally-McCoist-raps-Sone-cash-claims

Looks to me like he has done what calscot had suggested.

Taken a lower wage than he would otherwise have got - so say he was offered 8k a week for 6 months.... he is taking say 4k a week and the other 4k a week (100k over 25 weeks) is being used to pay the compensation.

...the money these guys get easily makes them make decisions on their own future..Boydy like many others done the same.

Like in the 'Life of Brian' film....what have you got to lose?

'Worst things happen at sea you know'....'what have you got to lose'..'you know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing...what have you lost....'? 'NOTHING!'...'nothing will come from nothing, you know what I'm saying'? Cheer up you old bugger......

Reporting on all this is a little bit odd and a bit confusing and McCoist's most recent comments are even more cryptic.

However I think there are two certainties here.

1. Aluko's family didn't pay from their "life savings". Never believed this in any case, however it would have seemed a bit odd and perhaps even reflect poorly if it had come to that.

2. The more important point in my mind and the one craig has particularly commented on a few times since the story arose. The fact that Aluko has had to pay significant compensation to push through a move to our club shows he is seriously committed to making a success of this move. He is paying out possibly into tens of thousands of pounds to join us for half a season with no guarantees of an extension. Aluko has demonstrated something a little unusual in this day and age of football and that is that he is more interested in making a success of himself as a footballer than in collecting ££££. Now, sure the two will go hand in hand, achieve the former to gain the latter. And it is perhaps a case of short term loss for long term financial gain. But again, this is not guaranteed and I think it demonstrates an excellent attitude from the young lad.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but i've not been around much for a wee while. I think most folk, including (deliberately?) nearly all the press are missing the main point here. Aluko has been out of football for six months while Aberdeen held his registration waiting for him to pick up another club. The fee Aberdeen are "due" is as much to do with him cutting ties with a club he doesn't want to play for any more as they to do with a new club wanting to "buy" him. He left Aberdeen mostly under a cloud having taken a fair bit of cash from them with variable reward back to his employers, he went missing for a month if I remember correctly for example. If this was a Rangers player we were talking about we'd all be saying it was quite correct for him to pay back some of his wages to seal his move away.

Considering he left Aberdeen by mutual consent and has been out of the game since then any financial agreements to release him from his previous contract obligations should, by right, be between him and his ex employer. It would be a different thing if he'd showed up at Ibrox five minutes after his Aberdeen contract ended but that isn't what has happened. The transfer rules are a farce but in this case that isn't really any concern of Rangers.

Incidentally, I reckon this issue has really only come up cause it's Aberdeen & Rangers involved. If he'd looked to sign for anybody else Aberdeen would probably accepted a nominal or even no fee. Cause it's Rangers they feel they need to be seen to not being "ripped off".