All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Linked with David Templeton AGAIN.

In what way?

Training in the heat, Portland has a better climate than Houston but still it would get hotter over there in the summer than here.

I am despairing about recent activities if I'm honest not very impressed if rumours are to be believed.

Houston would have been better than Portland....

In your opinion.....

If he moves to Portland it's probably because of several reasons. The climate is quite similar to what he's used to in the UK, which Houston certainly is NOT. He might think Portland is a nicer city and then there's the lure of playing for fellow Scot, John Spencer.

Anyway, I only mentioned Boyd because a fair number of people were thinking Ally might bring him back to Ibrox if Jela was sold.

Linked with David Templeton AGAIN.

In what way?

Personal preference only to be honest. In terms of being conducive to Boyd and football, the conditions in Portland would be better than the heat and humidity of Houston.

Gav, I think it is beaten to a signing (unless we were trying to get a permanent whereas Hibs are looking at a loan deal) because his club coach said that our offer was "absurd" which suggests that we did indeed try to sign him.

Depressing for sure. How low we have become.

I think you are finally understanding what we all meant by being embarrassed by being pipped by other clubs.

I think this window is highlighting, truly, how dire our financial poverty is. A lot of us already knew how bad it was, but some didn't want to believe.

I pointed out early on in the window that we simply have absolutely no money, but still fans were believing we'd sign significant players.

It's not surprising that Hibs can beat us to a player - if we make 'absurd' offers for players then any club with reasonable finances can top it. We probably offered £75,000 and wages of 3k.

Our entire outlay this window looks like being £250k on Celik - something I said a few days ago and the disagreement I received was strong.

And with it increasingly looking like Jelavic is staying, there's going to be no sudden pot of cash to get us out this hole.

I saw on Twitter a few folk chastising Walter for speaking out about our hideous finances - while I admit it might have been better if he'd spoken to someone other than the BBC, I take his opinion over that of most other people associated with the club.

If we do not sort this out soon, we WILL end up back in the bowels of the 80s poverty we fought so hard to get out of.

And with it increasingly looking like Jelavic is staying, there's going to be no sudden pot of cash to get us out this hole.

It's probably about 50/50 whether he'll be staying or leaving. It's going to be a long 26 to 27 hours.

I don't understand why we haven't just let Jela leave for West Ham or Everton today so that Ally has at least a WEE bit of time to bring in another striker or two. Having said that, we don't know what's really going on behind the scenes and whether or not CW will give Ally any money to replace Jela. If Ally isn't going to get any money, then he won't be wanting to let the player leave.

Portland finished 6th in their conference last year (Western conference - behind LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders, Real Salt Lake, FC Dallas & Colorado Rapids) whilst Houston Dynamo finished 2nd in the Eastern conference, behind only Kansas City (they finished well above Henry's NY Red Bulls.

I know a bit about MLS but only enough to be dangerous (we do get games out here in Bermuda) - some teams have some quality players playing for them such as Henry, Beckham, Keane etc but some teams simply dont have the infrastructure to support big name clubs. I dont know a great deal about Portland but they dont appear to have a strong squad (roster as they call it).

The standard of play in MLS is still rather poor. I have seen some games which would have you cringe at the poor quality on show.

I hate to say this, but this could, even at a relatively young age, be the beginning of the end for Boyd's career. You CAN get lost in the backwaters of MLS. I hope I am wrong though.

And, all the best Kris.

I didn't believe Boyd would got past 32 in his career. Tbh it was the beginning of the end when he left us not being harsh on him but he wanted to try something different and it hasn't worked so he wants to try something else. It is also apparent that McCoist did not want and we are crying out for strikers.

I don't think playing in the Western Conference against the likes of Henry, Keane and Donovan equates to the backwaters. They'd give most SPL clubs a good game.

Just Googled Portland, seems a nice place.