All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Regarding Jaager, I don't think that we don't have the money, but we've more immediate problems to address than right back. If we deal in Brozek and Bruins for that money (not just Jaager's, but any that is there), I'd be more than happy. If we add more, even better. Jaager is under no stress here, since he is a freebie. Obviously, he would naturally want to get a deal done, since someone has to pay his bills too.

The sooner a decision is reached about Jelavic the better.

Regarding Kalu Uche, another dark horse, but probably easier to get with regard to work permit stuff.

Wrong McKay played in Korea....

Would it not have been better to keep that quiet ;) he played 0 times in that hotbed of football. He did, however, notch up 15 appearances in another hub of football that is China...

Getting Aussie player of the year as well, when there is better Aussies playing currently. So something has gone wrong and I agree with an earlier post that he hasn't been treated brilliantly, neither has the other 2 but Ally signed them so he has to deal with the consequences. Unless Gordon Smith signed them....

Don't mean to be pedantic, but outwith Cahill, I can't think of many great Australian players currently plying their trade.

What McKay did in the Aussie league is decent, but as shit as the SPL is, it's better than the A-League by a distance.

I just feel if he was a truly a quality player, he'd have been plucked from the A-League years ago. That's what normally happens.

"Ultimo intento del Rangers para fichar a Sandaza" - CliveJagger (Sandaza's agent)

Google Translates to: 'Last bid to sign Rangers Sandaza'

Saw that myself. Why the crap do we want this guy - average player with a pretty crap attitude.

While Bruins will not have the speed of Wylde I think he is a far better all round football player. If he can just find the potential that he was thought to have he may be worth the risk. I rate him better than Wallace as well in midfield but I certainly don't rate him any where near a replacement for Naismith.

I wonder what Jaager makes of all this? Comes over here on trial, impresses, told he'll be offered a contract when the club can afford it and then leaves. How can a club not afford to sign a freebie? Where's Weir and Flecks wages gone?

See new thread "From Inside the Director's Box"

RANGERS were last night closing in on a deal to sign Pawel Brozek on loan.

Boss Ally McCoist hopes to have the striker on board in the next 48 hours — just as we told you first.

SunSport revealed last week that the Polish international had shot to the top of Gers' January wish list.

McCoist confirmed advanced talks between Gers and Trabzonspor have taken place.

With Nikica Jelavic out of today's clash with Hibs and West Ham preparing to table an improved offer for the Croat, McCoist's need for a frontman has never been greater and Brozek is the man he wants.

McCoist said: "We have touched base with his club in terms of seeing if a deal can be put together, be it a loan deal or something else.

"Obviously the lad wants to play because it's in his best interests with the Euros coming up so we're in dialogue and communication with the club.

"He is a scorer, his scoring record ain't bad. That's the most important thing and what we could do with.

"If you are in his boots you want to play and get yourself ready for the Euros.

"I'd be hopeful of getting something done, be it the next 48 hours, or as soon as possible. It wouldn't matter to me so long as it was before the window.

"I have been told it's a possibility we can get someone in, it hasn't been ruled out."

McCoist insists the Brozek deal is NOT dependent on Jelavic leaving. Indeed, the Gers gaffer would love to pair them in attack. He said: "I haven't been told it is connected to the Jelavic deal, I'm hoping it is not because I quite fancy the two of them working together.

"Time will tell if a deal can be done and Jelavic stays.

"Circumstances will dictate that but I have not been told that Jelavic must go for anyone to come in."

There are just four days left in this transfer window.

The future of Jelavic is still uncertain. The Hammers had a £7million bid for the striker rejected in midweek. The Championship leaders are preparing to test Gers' resolve with an improved offer but with the clock ticking down, any sale now would leave McCoist with little room to manoeuvre in his bid to land top target Grant Holt.

The Norwich striker has been made aware of Gers' interest and would jump at the chance to move to Ibrox.

On the Jelavic saga, McCoist stressed: "I can only tell you there was an offer rejected from West Ham on Wednesday night. Nothing else has come since then. It's not ideal if it goes to the death, but I think we all had a wee feeling that might be the case. I don't have a crystal ball, but common sense would tell you the vast majority of business happens towards the end of the window.

"It's certainly not an ideal situation, but it is something I can't affect, so I'm pretty much in limbo.

"If he does go I would hope there are things I could move. I certainly have targets."

McCoist, who also confirmed his interest in Rapid Vienna striker Hamdi Salihi, has been forced to rule Jelavic out of today's clash with Hibs. He revealed: "Jelavic has not trained for two days. It's sickness and diarrhoea. His wife had it and a couple of the boys as well. The doctor went to see him on Wednesday night and says he is not well."

McCoist, meanwhile, has cleared out five trialists who were at Murray Park last week as Michael Uchebo, Luigi Bruins, Zlatan Muslimovic, Enar Jaager and Jorge Claros have all left without deals.

Full-back Jaager and midfielder Claros could yet return. McCoist said: "It's a trialist-free zone at the moment. Jaager and Claros have left but both are still on the radar. With Steven Whittaker out longer term we need cover in the full-back area while Claros is a very good player and someone I'd consider.

"At the moment we are just not in a position to offer either of them deals just now.

"If one or two leave on loan perhaps that will free up some cash for us." Uchebo slammed his stay at Gers branding his treatment as shambolic.

The VVV-Venlo striker's agent Tony Harris said: "Michael was invited over by Ally McCoist. When he got there, McCoist wasn't there. Michael didn't feel at home and he didn't feel comfortable. He informed Rangers he didn't want to return to training."

McCoist hit back: "Three of my coaches conducted a thorough training session and I value their opinions as being second to none."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4093354/In-Pole-position.html#ixzz1kkFfBuiR

Much as I thought. All trialists depart and not a contract offer between them yet McCoist still thinks he can get Brozek even if Jelavic stays.

Any incomings before midnight on Tuesday depend on players leaving this much is clear.

Oh! He had to mention 48 hours again!!!!

Edited by Stefanovitch