All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

That's STV earlier and the BBC now tonight reporting that we have Uchebo on trial. BBC report:

Nigerian striker Michael Uchebo is the latest player to arrive for a trial with Rangers.

The 20-year-old is out of contract in the summer and Dutch club VVV Venlo are seeking a fee in the region of £1m.

The Nigeria Under-20 international has scored one goal in 13 appearances this season in Holland's Eredivisie.

Uchebo spent time at Stoke City this month, with manager Tony Pullis deciding against a move for the towering target man.

"He came in and technically he looks a good player, but he's not going to be for us," Pullis told BBC Radio Stoke last week.

Midfielders Jorge Claros and Luigi Bruins have been training with Rangers this week, while full-back Enar Jaager and striker Zlatan Muslimovic have moved on after brief periods in Glasgow.

Any new signing is a gamble regardless of what league they come from. My theory is he hasn't been given a chance,apart from his MOTM performance against Liverpool in a friendly. Do I believe he's good enough?,I'll never know unless I see him get a sustained run in the team.

I agree all signings are gambles by their very nature, but the fact 5 or 6 of those signings have been successes and 3 have been blatant failures is pretty telling. That he hasn't been given a chance is, imo, reflective of what he shows in training and what he's shown in his fleeting appearances.

Someone posted a rumour on another forum on Sunday saying Bristol City might be interested in buying him for £800k. I would assume there's been similar or related rumours buzzing about all week, but there's no way of knowing how to view the rumour about the agent claim unless we know the source.

I was told the source but annoyingly cannot share it. I also don't know how reliable it is. Time will tell I guess.

Still not sure about the "failures" ranking here. We have hardly seen Ortiz, Bedoya and McKay for a longer spell in their correct positions and I for one still believe that they are good enough for the SPL. Right now, their chances of playing ahead of those in the team are just pretty slim. The problem for the reserves is that they don't get any playing practice and thus pick up money for nothing, which can't be a good thing either. No matter whether that is at Rangers or somewhere else.

On a sidenote, people may argue about Uchebo's scoring record, but keep in mind that one Kyle Lafferty had scored only 10 goals in 83 games for Burnley ere we signed him up. Age and build and ability look to be somewhat the same. And we'll apparently get Uchebo for much less ...

NIKICA JELAVIC is helping lure hitman Hamdi Salihi to Rangers — as his own replacement.

Jela looks to be on his way out of Ibrox with West Ham leading the chase to sign him.

But Gers boss Ally McCoist is keen on bringing his former Rapid Vienna team-mate Salihi in.

Salihi said: "I've spoken to Nik on the phone and he told me how great a club Rangers are. So I am very keen to move to Glasgow.

"Rangers are a big club and it would be a huge opportunity for me, the next step in my career."

McCoist's top target is Norwich ace Grant Holt.

But he is also keen on Albanian Salihi — linked with Celtic earlier this season — who is set to quit Rapid after a fallout with coach Peter Schottel.

His contract is up at the end of the season. But he'd cost around £400,000 now. Nigerian strike star Michael Uchebo, meanwhile, has joined Gers on trial.

The 6ft 6in VVV-Venlo ace is out of contract in the summer. It's unlikely he'll land a deal as McCoist cannot bring anyone else in until he moves a top-team man on.

Polish outfit Lech Poznan are interested in Spanish misfit Juan Ortiz.

Honduran side Motagua insist Gers they will have to pay £800,000 if they want Jorge Claros.

Club president Pedro Atala said: "We're not prepared to sell him for less."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4090236/Jelas-Hamdi-man-for-Gers.html#ixzz1kdN2sdIp

RANGERS were last night locked in talks with Trabzonspor as they bid to thrash out a loan deal for Polish striker Pawel Brozek.

We revealed last week that the 28-year-old international had shot to the top of Ally McCoist's January wish list.

Brozek's agent Bartlomiej Bolek confirmed: "There is an interest, we are talking with Trabzonspor and Rangers."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4090112/Ally-closes-in-on-Polish-star.html#ixzz1kdOmu0Ry

RUSSIAN giants CSKA Moscow are ready to test Rangers £9m price tag on Nikica Jelavic by offering £1m less for the striker.

Currently at a winter training camp in Spain in preparation for their Champions League clash with Real Madrid the clubs' director general Roman Babaev has confirmed their interest in the Croation hit-man.

And with £9.3m in their pocket from the sale of Brazilian attacker Vagner Love earlier this week the CSKA boss revealed their scouts had watched Jelavic twice in recent matches and could compete with West Ham for his signature.

Russian radio stations last night claimed the club was in fact set to bid eight million euros plus add-ons after talks with Jelavic's agent but Babaev would only say: "We want to improve our front line and if this footballer can do it then a deal is possible "

Coach Leonid Slutsky added: "It is up to my directors but I know of Jelavic and he is a big player."

ì

It is up to my directors but I know of Jelavic and he is a big player

î

Coach Leonid Slutsky

The news could also bring the Hammers back to the table with another increased offer before Tuesday's deadline but no further approaches have been made since their £7m bid was rejected by owner Craig Whyte as being to low.

Rangers meanwhile are unlikely to pursue their interest in latest trialist, Nigerian Michael Uchebo . The 6ft 6in striker currently with Dutch minnows Eredivisie trained at Murray Park yesterday after failing to win a deal with Stoke City earlier this month.

The 21 year old was monitored by manager Ally McCoist but issues surrounding his lack of experinece and a work permit as he is yet to play for the Super Eagles are expected to negate any further developments.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/298235/Russians-are-ready-to-swoop-for-Jelavic

Hamdi Salihi | Bundesliga Goals 2009 - 2010

Edited by ian1964