All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

IF we could use the funds I would let him go for 7 million. There MUST be decent enough players we could get in. Hooper, whilst not a great player, scores goals and only cost them 2 million.

We could use 7 million and buy 2 strikers at 2 million each and a creative midfielder at 3 million. Yes, I know this is hypothetical as it would be unlikely McCoist would get the funds to spend.

I would set the price at 8M or 7M plus add ons.

I would say it would make bad business sense not to give McCoist SOME of the money for a replacement - even if it's just 2M. Less than that would be tantamount to surrendering the league IMHO.

We need to cut costs and offset losses but it needs to be done intelligently - we are a football club after all and just counting the pennies in any business means you're not going to be a business for long. You need the tools to produce the goods or you have nothing to sell.

A farmer can't sell his combine harvester for a nice profit but not buy another one - or make do with one that can't do the job properly. It's business suicide and any layman can see that.

Personally, I think the question of the club selling or not selling him will hinge on whether the buying club can give us the cash in full or not. West Ham won't be in a position to do that. If a club can pay for him in full I think that will massively increase the chances of Ally getting a bit of the money to spend, but if they're only offering an initial payment of a couple of million it's not much use to Ally.