All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Juan Manuel Ortiz is to leave Rangers to rejoin Almeria on loan, STV has learned.

The Spanish midfielder, who moved to Scotland in the summer for £500,000, has played just 13 times for Ally McCoist’s side.

Ortiz is on his way to Spain to hold talks with his former side, with a view to completing a move before Tuesday’s transfer deadline.

The 29-year-old, signed a three year contract when he joined Rangers six months ago.

At the time of Ortiz's move to Ibrox, Almeria's sporting director, Alberto Benito, told STV the player would be difficult to replace.

“We are not happy,” he said. “But for him, who is a very good person and player, this is a good move.

“It is important for him to play at a big club like Glasgow Rangers, who have the chance to play in Champions League.

“For me it is a big problem because I now have to find three players to replace him.”

Ortiz's last appearance for Rangers came in the 2-1 win over St Johnstone on January 14, playing eight minutes as a substitute.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/295588-juan-manuel-ortiz-to-return-to-almeria/

Maybe he was talking crap, but we still signed him.

Folks are always sayiing he's a right back, but even the Official Website refers to him as a midfielder???

I think we're just realesing up some wages cash, but I wonder why we signed him in the first place.

Maybe he was talking crap, but we still signed him.

Folks are always sayiing he's a right back, but even the Official Website refers to him as a midfielder???

I think we're just realesing up some wages cash, but I wonder why we signed him in the first place.

Because Ally thought he could do a job perhaps?

He got it wrong.

No news on the situation with Jelavic then? :confused:

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Everton fee for Jelavic is being touted low due to Rangers owing the Goodison Park club money therefore it comes off the bid #efc #rfc

1 hour ago

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Everton fee for Jelavic is being touted low due to Rangers owing the Goodison Park club money therefore it comes off the bid #efc #rfc

1 hour ago

Why would we owe them money?

Rumours on Crawley forums, from a Crawley players dad, that Tubbs (prolific goalscorer) is joining Rangers for £1.5m...

Can't afford to sign a free agent yet we're buying someone for £1.5m? I smell shite!