All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

On a sidenote, it just sprang to my mind that while we may like Jaager, Ally / Whyte has budgeted for attacking midfielders and strikers more than others. Thus, Celik was dealed in. It could well be that Ally keeps his budget options open till he decides on Bruins and Claros, ere spending a wage on a rightback position we still have cover in the squad for (McMillan, Little, Ortiz ...).

On a sidenote, it just sprang to my mind that while we may like Jaager, Ally / Whyte has budgeted for attacking midfielders and strikers more than others. Thus, Celik was dealed in. It could well be that Ally keeps his budget options open till he decides on Bruins and Claros, ere spending a wage on a rightback position we still have cover in the squad for (McMillan, Little, Ortiz ...).

I didn't understand that one either, we don't need to spend money on a right back.

Ally might have thoughts on playing him right mid though.

I'd like a new right back, we have two under-performing ones who are injured anyway and so will struggle to get back to fitness and on form any time soon, and Bartley looked like he was all over the place against Aberdeen (in the brief highlights on BBC) and was highly at fault for their goal.

The "funny" thing is, that Ortiz has played right back in Spain, Little has played right back before, McMillan is an old-enough right back by trade, and we loaned another right back by trade in Darren Cole only recently. There is IMHO reason no need to play Broadfoot there this season, and Whittaker, as long as he's as poor as he was ... bar the "reason" that they probably pick up far higher wages? I think that as soon as someone shows interest in McMillan and/or Ortiz, Jaager will arrive. Broadfoot's and Whittaker's only reason for staying put right now is that they are injured at this moment and time.