All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

I read yesterday that the Swedes valued him at 1.5 million. If that is the case and his performances agree then we have managed to secure a snip of a deal.

It seems that is the way Celtic are going abotu their business too - looking to get pre-contract players.

STV

Mervan Celik hopes his move to Rangers can help win him a place in Sweden’s national team.

The attacking midfielder has arrived in Glasgow for a medical, ahead of signing a three-and-a-half year deal to switch to the Scottish Premier League.

Celik, who joins under freedom of contract from GAIS, is a current Under-21 international and has told STV he has ambitions of attracting the attentions of national coach Erik Hamren with his performances in Scotland.

“I think they [the Swedish national coaches] are happy,” Celik said of his decision to move to Rangers. “My goal now is to make it into the national team.”

Celik, 21, turned down offers from clubs in England and Germany to move to Ibrox, having been convinced by Rangers manager Ally McCoist his future lay in Scotland.

“I talked to him and had a good talk with him,” he added. “He trusts me and I am happy to be here in Glasgow.

“I didn't speak to anyone else. It was my feeling and I am here now and happy.”

Sandaza move OFF:

McCoist press conference: Fran Sandaza deal is off after he rejected a pre-contract offer from the club - the offer has been removed.

The guy obviously has delusions of grandeur - we're better off without him if that's his attitude!!!

Sandaza move OFF:

McCoist press conference: Fran Sandaza deal is off after he rejected a pre-contract offer from the club - the offer has been removed.

Good. We can/could do so much better!

As much as Craig Burley was a cock during the St Johnstone match, he was spot on in disbelief that we were interested in such an average player.

As for Jelavic...the 2 concrete offers we've received have been from average Championship sides Leicester and West Ham. Neither bid went over £6.5M.

Dare I say it, he's not as in demand as we would like to believe, and no EPL outfit seems that interested at all.

As much as Craig Burley was a cock during the St Johnstone match, he was spot on in disbelief that we were interested in such an average player.

As for Jelavic...the 2 concrete offers we've received have been from average Championship sides Leicester and West Ham. Neither bid went over £6.5M.

Dare I say it, he's not as in demand as we would like to believe, and no EPL outfit seems that interested at all.

Good we keep him then. :yay: