All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Brozek showing on McCoist's radar

Last Updated: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:28

Rangers boss Ally McCoist is considering making a loan move for Poland striker Pawel Brozek.

The 28-year-old is looking to leave Trabzonspor after becoming disillusioned with life at the Turkish club where he has struggled to cement a place in the team.

Rangers boss McCoist has made it clear he needs to boost his side's firepower with the club recently giving up a 15 point lead to Celtic at the top of the SPL.

But with little money to play with, McCoist knows that a loan move may be the best way of bringing in new blood.

"We have several clubs interested, including one reputable major European club," his agent Bartlomiej Bolek said. "We will hopefully make a decision in the coming days."

Brozek, who has been capped 32 times by Poland, is desperate to play in this summer's European Championships and it's believed this desire has prompted Tranzonspor to make him available for a move, even if that's only a short-term one.

Shota Arveladze, currently manager of Kayserispor in the Turkish Super Liga, has seen the Pole play and thinks he'd be a useful addition to the Gers squad.

"Brozek is a strong boy," he told the Daily Mail. "The physical side of Scottish football would be no problem to him. I think he would relish that."

Express.

IBROX-BOUND Mervan Celik has revealed that he turned down moves to England and Germany because he felt he could win more titles and trophies with Rangers.

The Swedish under-21 international will fly into Scotland this afternoon to sign a three-and-a-half year contract with the SPL champions – in a deal that will see Rangers pay around £150,000 training compensation to his former club GAIS.

Express Sport revealed on Tuesday that Celik was set to tie up his deal this week and become Ally McCoist’s first capture of the January window – just 24 hours after midfielder John Fleck signed on-loan at Blackpool.

Celik, who knocked back offers from a number of clubs including West Ham United, said: “Yes, I am coming in on Friday to sign. I am very happy that I have managed to agree terms with Rangers .

“I have known about their interest for some time and I am now glad that everything has now been agreed. It is true that I also had options in Germany and England. They were very attractive options financially and football-wise but I decided to follow my feelings and to join Rangers. Rangers are a big club and I know there I can win leagues, cups and also play in Europe.”

Rangers are a big club and I know there I can win leagues, cups and also play in Europe

Mervan Celik

"I am looking forward to meeting the fans. Rangers have 45,000 supporters every week, which is incredibly cool.The Rangers manager believes in me and I was treated very well when I was there and familiarised myself with the club.

"Everything was professional and well run.Now I am just looking forward to putting on my Rangers shirt and scoring goals for the club. There was interest from other teams, but that's not important. Only Rangers' interest mattered."

Celik netted 14 goals in 27 appearances for the Gothenburg club last season before agreeing to move to Scotland and become McCoist's first signing of the transfer window.

His transfer was funded by the pending release of captain David Weir, who will leave after tomorrow’s game with Aberdeen, and Fleck’s move to the Championship for the rest of the season.

Twenty year-old Fleck , who is hoping to have a similar impact to Charlie Adam when the Scotland and Liverpool star made the same move, was delighted his deal was finally sanctioned after a delay and is looking forward to teaming up with his ex-team mates, Barry Ferguson and Danny Wilson, at Bloomfield Road.

"I just want to play as much football as I can and help the boys get some good results," he admitted. "Charlie Adam came here from Rangers and did very well and I also know Barry Ferguson from his time at Rangers."

Rangers are still looking to add to their squad with a centre forward their main priority. Rapid Vienna’s Hamdi Salihi, Javi Guerra of Real Valladolid and US international Edison Buddle are all on McCoist’s radar.

Today, it seems like West Ham want to pay 6m for Jelavic, Celik is ready to sign, and we are about to deal in Jaager too. At least according to this.

IMHO, should we want to sell Jela, we should do it at the right price and at the right time. Wouldn't want us to sell him with 48h of the transfer window left and we have to pick from what is left on the market.

NB: Re the post above (403), I read of our interest in US striker Eddie Buddle there first. Methinks he tried his luck with a BL 2 team since the summer?

Unless we're really strapped for cash and lowering our ambitions even from the last few seasons of parsimony, then I can't see the point of selling Jelavic for less than double what we paid him.

If he was worth £4M to us as a bargain then, at a time of fiscal prudence, then why would we want to cash him in now for not much more than we laid out for him?

It only leaves a hole in the team that would take another £6M risk on a new, equivalent player to fill. Or we make do with virtually no star players - and we know how teams like that fare in a two horse race - too many dropped points to have a hope of winning the league.

Hasn't McCoist already come out and said he isn't interested in signing Brozek? Sure it was a week or two ago.

I thought that was Stilic? Brozek has come out of the blue for me anyway.

Buddle is a big no for me, isn't he like 31 now?

I've read that the compensation is meant to be £240,000. How accurate that is, I couldn't say as I don't know if that's the figure that they sre asking for, or if it's a set figure based on the players past wages during his training.