All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

He will certainly have to be an extra special talent to get a game at 21, but it does sound all veery good in theory.

Here's hoping he gets games.

The compensation will still have to be sorted out before he actually signs will it not?

Dont think so. He can sign and then the sporting tribunal sets the compensation - I think (probably wrong) that it is a somewhat formulaic calculation. I am sure I read somewhere that the training compensation would be between 100-300k.

Who says anything about getting a game?

True, very true.

My post didnt include the smilie : fish : in it, was meant as a joke.

It is pleasing to see us looking at younger talent and we do have a number of younger players in the ranks with Wallace, Wylde, Aluko, Ness when(if?) fit - then Hutton & Fleck to come back in plus guys such as Perry getting some game time, albeit not much. And we also tried to retain Bendikson too.

But we do seem to have a blend of youth and experience.

Hopefully the younger lads will continue to get game time, even if sporadically. A mix of youth and experience is the best way to go, although if the experienced player isnt performing then get him out the team.

STV reporting Jaager will be offered a contract after his trial.

-------------------

Rangers are set to make a contract offer to Enar Jaager after the defender impressed on trial with the club, STV understands.

Jaager has been training with the Rangers first team squad and has played in a bounce match this week as he attempts to win a deal with the Ibrox club.

STV has learned that, after impressing Ally McCoist and his coaching staff in recent days, the Estonian defender will be made a contract offer this week.

The right-back is available as a free agent after leaving Aalesund in December.

Jaager has been capped 84 times by his country, appearing in the Euro 2012 play-off defeat to the Republic of Ireland in November.

The 27-year-old has also spent time in Italy – with Ascoli – and in Russia with Torpedo Moscow.

The player made 53 appearances for Aalesund over the past two Norwegian seasons, scoring twice, having also previously spent three seasons with the club, which was interrupted by his short spell in Italy's Serie B.

"He is a versatile right back," Norwegian football blogger, Brendan Husebo, said. "Consistent, deceptively good, has a powerful shot, and is super athletic.

"He would add consistency. He's been with Aalesund since 2007 and just won a cup, so it's a good time to move up a level."

Dont think so. He can sign and then the sporting tribunal sets the compensation - I think (probably wrong) that it is a somewhat formulaic calculation. I am sure I read somewhere that the training compensation would be between 100-300k.

In theory its better to avoid a tribunal if you are the club losing the player as its always below what they want.

It is pleasing to see us looking at younger talent and we do have a number of younger players in the ranks with Wallace, Wylde, Aluko, Ness when(if?) fit - then Hutton & Fleck to come back in plus guys such as Perry getting some game time, albeit not much. And we also tried to retain Bendikson too.

We've also currently got McCabe, Hemmings and the two lads who we've just given out on loan to the Jags, Kal Naismith and Darren Cole plus several others coming through. I'll never understand the release of Andy Shinnie though. No matter what anyone tells me about him having been plagued with injuries, releasing that lad for zilch when his contract expired was a poor, poor decision because he's one of the best young players in the league. We did Tel Butcher a big favour, that's for sure.