All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

But you said that if Ness achieved half as much as BF it would be a disappointing career..... look at Ferguson's career and if anyone can consider that a failure I would be both surprised and disappointed. Dont look at what happened in the last 18 months of his time at Ibrox as an indicator for what he has done in football.

I, like you, was disappointed how he seemed to control not just the dressing room but the club in the PLG fiasco - but that doesnt take away from the things he DID achieve with the club over his two stints. He also played admirably with Blackburn when he was there, winning MOTM on a number of occasions.

Ferguson is/was a very talented player who won plenty of personal AND team awards in his career.

If Ness achieves half as much as BF did then, IMO, he will have had a largely successful career.

You are correct I am letting my dislike of him judge what he did. I still don't think he was good for Rangers second time round though but that is just my meaning. Statistics may prove me wrong but as I said Statistics don't always tell the whole story.

He was different class from other Scottish players for years, and the type of player he was, you would have thought as he got older he would mature and become a real playmaker.

Unfortunately he still tried to be the young Barry Ferguson.

It still doesn't detract from the fact Rangers had the best Scottish player of his generation, and one that at his best could have played in any Rangers team over the years.

You are correct I am letting my dislike of him judge what he did. I still don't think he was good for Rangers second time round though but that is just my meaning. Statistics may prove me wrong but as I said Statistics don't always tell the whole story.

Again, I agree with you on his 2nd stint. I thought he was either a) poor b) a poor reflection of his former stint or c) my expectations were higher.

But in his career he certainly proved to be one of the better Scottish players to have played the game.

(Any chance you place that Ferguson babble in a different thread, folks?)

Last time you asked us to stay on topic in the summer transfer thread (and we agreed with you) you started going off topic yourself a few pages later! :D

Last time you asked us to stay on topic in the summer transfer thread (and we agreed with you) you started going off topic yourself a few pages later! :D

Yes, and I still sleep and live beneath the stairs and castigate myself thrice per day because of that!

Fuck sake, so much for transfer rumours!

I come in here to see what pish we're linked with, not to read about Barry feckin Ferguson.

:yawn:

Edited by Gazza_8