All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Cost about the same iirc.

Mendes cost about half a million more than Edu according to most reports.

£1.5M as I remember.

Reports on that are varied. It certainly looks like it was somewhere between just over one and about one point five.

We could, but we'd be wrong. Mendes' best position is as DM, which is where he played for Sporting when he left us. It was a myth that he was some kind of gifted ball player with creativity in abundance. I will never understand why Walter kept playing him out of position.

I'm sure he was played at left back for Portugal in South Africa. Thought that was a bit odd right enough.

We agree on this. But if Sochaux desperately want him, well, I'm sure they can offer more than the peanuts they've tried so far.

I doubt if we'll sell Edu anyway tbh.

Another post in today's sun regarding Edu.

EXCLUSIVE

Weâ??ll let Mo go if you show us the dough

By ANDY DEVLIN

Published: Today

Add a comment (1)

SOCHAUX have insisted that Rangers urged THEM to make a second bid for Maurice Edu.

SunSport understands the request was made WITHOUT consent from Gers boss Ally McCoist who wants to keep Edu at Ibrox.

The French club did make a renewed £900,000 bid for the midfielder last night â?? only to have it firmly knocked back by Rangers' money men.

President Alexandre Lacombe admitted he was surprised by the snub and said: "It was Rangers who contacted us about making a final offer for Edu.

"But when we made our bid they said No.

"But we still haven't given up. We are working on two deals and one is Edu.

"The Edu deal is very close. We don't believe we are far away from Rangers' valuation of the player and could have more talks in the next day to try and reach agreement."

However, his claim that Gers approached Sochaux over the deal â?? rather than the other way â?? is a major blow to McCoist.

Only last week â?? after the French club's opening £500,000 offer â?? he had said: "We've rejected the bid because I want Maurice Edu to sign a new contract here rather than go anywhere."

But it's understood he was in the dark over the Ibrox board's efforts to cash in on Edu.

Meanwhile, Gers target Javi Guerra, 29, revealed the Ibrox side have been tracking him for a year.

The Real Valladolid striker said: "I've known of Rangers' interest, even from last year. I spoke to my agent who confirmed it.

"Their interest in me is very motivating. But I am still here and remain very comfortable at this club."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4055425/Well-let-Mo-go-if-you-show-us-the-dough.html#ixzz1jCazYnwt

Meanwhile, Gers target Javi Guerra, 29, revealed the Ibrox side have been tracking him for a year.

The Real Valladolid striker said: "I've known of Rangers' interest, even from last year. I spoke to my agent who confirmed it.

"Their interest in me is very motivating. But I am still here and remain very comfortable at this club."

That's interesting because weren't we supposed to be keen on a striker we'd been watching for over a year?

It seems now we've made our interest public, have spoken to the players agent yet still haven't made a bid. I guess if we sold Edu we may use that money to make an offer or we could be waiting on offers for Jelavic before making any moves.

Ally wants to keep Edu, but the Club are trying to sell him.

More talk of interference on the football side.

I would sell him and play Hutton personally. Nothing against Edu but I don't think he offers anything that we couldn't replace.

If we could get him injury free, Ness would be my first choice midfielder over Edu. By a mile.

I think Ness would be most fans choice as he looks a great prospect, but he just seems to get one injury after another which is not good for anyone.