All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Turned down.

http://t.co/37T5oqvJ

They're offering peanuts, and well below what we paid. They're trying to take advantage of the situation they think we're in which lost us Miller for only £450k.

If they are this desperate for Edu, they really need to bid a lot higher.

They're offering peanuts, and well below what we paid. They're trying to take advantage of the situation they think we're in which lost us Miller for only £450k.

If they are this desperate for Edu, they really need to bid a lot higher.

They are desperate, he is apparently their number 1 target and they are bottom of the French Ligue 1.

They probably think he only has 6 months left, probably have no idea we have a new owner. Although Charlie Davies, Edu's mate is there I believe and probably need Edu to settle him, Davies was on loan at DC.

How many weeks in the year do you think we pay our players? For example, if we've got a player who's contract runs out summer 2013 how many weeks wages would you use to calculate what they're due to get paid for the remainder of their stay? 60 weeks wages or something? 18 for the rest of this season and say 42 for next season? Just trying to get a rough idea. It doesn't need to be 100% accurate.

They are desperate, he is apparently their number 1 target and they are bottom of the French Ligue 1.

I can't understand why they want him so much. Do they just see 'ever present US international' and assume he's the ghost of Essien?

They probably think he only has 6 months left, probably have no idea we have a new owner. Although Charlie Davies, Edu's mate is there I believe and probably need Edu to settle him, Davies was on loan at DC.

If we accepted a bid, would he want to play at a bottom of the table side, even if it's a much better league?

I can't understand why they want him so much. Do they just see 'ever present US international' and assume he's the ghost of Essien?

If we accepted a bid, would he want to play at a bottom of the table side, even if it's a much better league?

Of course he would play for them, he would probably double his wages even if they are a provincial French side. I doubt he would be on a high wage with us since coming from America an unproven player.

How many weeks in the year do you think we pay our players? For example, if we've got a player who's contract runs out summer 2013 how many weeks wages would you use to calculate what they're due to get paid for the remainder of their stay? 60 weeks wages or something? 18 for the rest of this season and say 42 for next season? Just trying to get a rough idea. It doesn't need to be 100% accurate.

Roughly 65 weeks wages but they probably get paid all the time.

I doubt he would be on a high wage with us since coming from America an unproven player.

I'd have thought we'd have paid him roughly £10k to £12k a week when he first signed, but I could be wrong. There's also the chance that he's had a wage increase since then? So what do we all think Edu might be earning per week now?

I'd have thought we'd have paid him roughly £10k to £12k a week when he first signed, but I could be wrong. There's also the chance that he's had a wage increase since then? So what do we all think Edu might be earning per week now?

£10k-£12k :eek:, I hope not, might add up to £10k a week in total package of appearance bonus and such like but basic I'm not sure it would be very high about £7.5k a week.