All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

According to the Wigan website, we've made loan offers for di Santo and MacArthur.

Any links I can't see it anywhere on their website mate?

We should've went for MacArthur before he left Hamilton IMO, good wee player.

Edited by johnnyk

According to the Wigan website, we've made loan offers for di Santo and MacArthur.

Don't see any mention on the Wigan website. McArthur would be a good signing but with Davis, Edu etc already in place would he feature? Di Santo on the other hand is a forward player of which we are short of but does he not play quite regularly for Wigan?

He's been badly out of form this season, along with others, and on current form isn't worth £7M. But he's still, when at his best, the best Scottish keeper around.

The thing is he's 29 now and there's a tenuous case to suggest this might be him on the way down in terms of form.

Half of me would take the money and run given his displays this year, the other half thinks he's utterly terrific when he's on form and I'd be mad to sell. I'd choose him over Alexander any day of the week anyway...

I thought Di Santo was in Wigan's first team a lot. McArthur, not for me I'm afraid we have far to many midfielders and I'm not sure he is a creative force, said this the last time we were linked with him.

RANGERS have rejected a £500,000 bid for Maurice Edu. The USA international has been targeted by French club Sochaux. And SunSport can reveal the struggling Ligue 1 side last night made their move for the midfielder. The offer was immediately turned down though, with Gers desperate to keep their top stars at Ibrox this month. But it's understood Sochaux coach Mecha Bazdarevic won't take no for an answer as he bids to steer his club away from relegation danger. Edu is one of several players he hopes to land this month, with Gers bracing themselves for a fresh offer for the 25-year-old within the next 48 hours. Losing Edu would be a huge blow to Ibrox boss Ally McCoist, who hoped to secure the midfielder on a new long-term deal. He has helped rebuild Edu's confidence and career, with the American regarded as an integral part of a Rangers side chasing four-in-a-row after rediscovering his form. But Sochaux supremo Bazdarevic last night confirmed: "I want one or two quality players." Earlier this week McCoist begged Ibrox chairman Craig Whyte to allow him to strengthen this month as the Premier League vultures continue to circle Nikica Jelavic and Steven Davis. Read more: http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz1iXNSM7BU

Its like one of our bids, however £500k is quite bad, for me face value i.e. what we paid for him and then we should consider talking. Edu still has 18 months left so not too desperate yet. I know he isn't the flavour of the month or has been for a while but he has been improving and reputation, from international experience and playing for us in Europe would not make his value decrease by £2m over the past 3 and a half years, ffs.

And its the Sun....

Edited by metlika