Sone Aluko?

Near 100 SPL games under his belt, former England and now Nigerian international, and still only 22 years of age.

Danny, he failed badly at Birmingham? He was there in his youth and had one season as a first teamer (no games), aged 18. Well, well ... Then again, some will say the same about folk like Charlie Adam.

You know Charlie Adam isn't doing that well at Liverpool, right? And frankly I wasn't that impressed with him at Blackpool either.

Anyone, opinions of Charlie Adam aside, you've failed to convince me that Sone Aluko is a decent player. That said we don't need a 'decent SPL player' - we need something a bit better because we already have quite a lot of better than decent SPL players.

Aluko would be a decent addition IMO, pacey, likes to take on defenders and for being quite young has plenty of SPL experience and would'nt get away with being lazy like he was when he started out at the sheep shaggers.

About Charlie Adam how is he not doing well at Liverpool? and he was superb for Blackpool most fans will say that! He's played in virtually all Liverpool's games this season and they are 6th in the EPL, he's doing OK IMO, some seem hard to please :)

He had a really good season for Aberdeen back in the 08/09 season scoring a few goals and getting a good handful of assists while he was still only a youngster. I think that season he was possibly Aberdeen's best player in all honesty and he was only 18/19 yrs old.

Could be a handy player to have around if he's not greedy about wage demands and gets on well with the other lads.

It's not costing us anything to have a look at the lad close up so i've no problem with it. Can't say i know much about him but seen clips and there's flashes there. Someone said at the start of the thread that being around better player with a winning mentality would improve his game. 100% true.

See how it goes, it's good that we are still actively looking at players and giving out trials even though the window is closed.

About Charlie Adam how is he not doing well at Liverpool? and he was superb for Blackpool most fans will say that! He's played in virtually all Liverpool's games this season and they are 6th in the EPL, he's doing OK IMO, some seem hard to please :)

Adam was listed as a potential option by UEFA for their team of the year or something similar was he not? Whilst that may be overrating him a bit it hardly indicates a player who was anything other than top quality at Blackpool.

Adam was listed as a potential option by UEFA for their team of the year or something similar was he not? Whilst that may be overrating him a bit it hardly indicates a player who was anything other than top quality at Blackpool.

After one of the ManU v Blackpool games Fergie was quoted as saying Adam's left foot alone was worth £10m and when you look at what they pay for players at the top EPL clubs I think he was spot on tbh.

You know Charlie Adam isn't doing that well at Liverpool, right? And frankly I wasn't that impressed with him at Blackpool either.

First, he's one of the top performers (statwise) in Liverpool's midfield. Second, you weren't impressed with him at Blackpool? He played 34 games, scored 12 goals and had 9 assists ... for Blackpool. If you weren't impressed by that, I wonder what you make of him at the age of 18, when he was amongst our squad players. That was actually my point with regard to your opinion about Aluko "failing at Birmingham", a team he never played a real game for, most likely because of his age and a squad full of high-earners.

Anyone, opinions of Charlie Adam aside, you've failed to convince me that Sone Aluko is a decent player. That said we don't need a 'decent SPL player' - we need something a bit better because we already have quite a lot of better than decent SPL players.

It was not my intend to show you that Aluko is a decent player. Of course, him being selected as English u16 to u19 and as a full Nigerian international at the age of 20 should give you some ideas. Anyways, IMHO, we could do much worse than sign an experienced freebie at low wages till the end of the season as cover for Naismith. I for one would like to see some more competition to Wylde out there (McKay is IMHO a player that should be deployed nearer the centre of midfield), who is still quite one-dimensional.

Edited by der Berliner