Sone Aluko?

Literally not seen a thing on here about our current trialist?

Apologies if I missed it.

Regardless, I'm not overly thrilled about an Aberdeen reject potentially joining us - but I'm beginning to trust Ally's judgement so I guess we'll see how it goes.

Dont think he is an Aberdeen reject Danny. From what I have read they wanted him to re-sign but he wanted to move further south, closer to family.

I have to say he always impressed me when he played against us. And if you put him in a better team there is a reasonable chance that he would also perform to a higher standard.

He looked half-decent when at the Dons but I can't see where he'd fit into our squad.

With Wylde, McKay, Papac, Wallace, Bedoya, Fleck, Bendiksen and Kerkar all capable of playing on the left of midfield, I doubt Aluko could force his way in ahead of these guys.

No i don't think he will fit into any of them. Lol

He looked half-decent when at the Dons but I can't see where he'd fit into our squad.

With Wylde, McKay, Papac, Wallace, Bedoya, Fleck, Bendiksen and Kerkar all capable of playing on the left of midfield, I doubt Aluko could force his way in ahead of these guys.

If he comes through his trial period what would be wrong with giving him a short term contract to the end of the season?

You never know how many of the players mentioned will get injuries, or suspensions.

If he's good enough, sign him. He is still a young player.

Near 100 SPL games under his belt, former England and now Nigerian international, and still only 22 years of age.

Danny, he failed badly at Birmingham? He was there in his youth and had one season as a first teamer (no games), aged 18. Well, well ... Then again, some will say the same about folk like Charlie Adam.