Naismith confirmed as out for 8-9 months

On a purely football & team viewpoint (!), we played Naismith all over the park last season, more often than not due to lack of personal. Now we have the emerged Wylde and McKay for the left hand side (and I for one rate McKay highly), plus Papac/Wallace, as we have seen. For the right hand side there is Ortiz and Bedoya, both of whom have IMHO been "suffering" from the good form of the rest. What we have to realize is that these 4 players are sure good enough to cover for Naismith in the SPL. What worries me is the lack of substitutes for either Lafferty or Jelavic.

Completely agree with this, I think hemmings is due back next month but he seems to be the only cover we have for those two. I refuse to include Healy in this.

Well I hope this 8-9 months is the worse case scenario and he's fully fit by then.

It's a terrible experience for the lad to endure, especially if we go on to win the title.

He'll be entitled to a medal, yes?

That's if they can be found!

Haha, I've not done an article for a very long time for any site. But thanks for the kind words :)

Well..... nothing to stop you now. You are literate, articulate, make pertinent points.... wait, you might just be too good for a Gersnet article :thup:

While I hope someone can step in to his place, I have to agree that Naismith has been our most irreplaceable player this season. He's been the creative spark that has lifted a good but workmanlike team to another level. He may not be as good as Laudrup but he was fulfilling that role and giving us that X-factor. He was sorely missed when he didn't play due to suspension and being rested for the League cup game.

We can win without him but it's definitely more of a grinding out a result. It sounds horrible, but there are so many more players I'd be less bothered about losing. To me we have six must-play squad members and he's number one out of that elite group - a talisman if you will.

There aren't very many players you could say this about, but Naismith is one of the players who glue our team together. We now desperately need Fleck, Ortiz & Bedoya to step up and make their mark by battling for Naisy's place in the team.

I agree that Naismith is an important player for us, and his loss is a great one, but I don't believe that we will suffer a total collapse while he's out injured. That's not just because septic are too rotten to take advantage, it's because I firmly believe in our manager, Ally McCoist and his choices of newly bought players and his ability to motivate them to go on and win the title.

Chris Sutton seems to have had a negative effect of us, even though we've increased our lead over his ex-employers and Rangers would have to suffer even a bigger collapse than his book selling speil indicated.

Gutting for, him, the team and us, the fans. I looked at it and it was similar to the cup semi final in 2008, he also came back on again after a challenge but iirc in 2008 his knee was stamped on, or was it Burke.

I hope he can come back as strong as he did the last time.

I agree that Naismith is an important player for us, and his loss is a great one, but I don't believe that we will suffer a total collapse while he's out injured. That's not just because septic are too rotten to take advantage, it's because I firmly believe in our manager, Ally McCoist and his choices of newly bought players and his ability to motivate them to go on and win the title.

Chris Sutton seems to have had a negative effect of us, even though we've increased our lead over his ex-employers and Rangers would have to suffer even a bigger collapse than his book selling speil indicated.

Agreed we managed to cope when he was banned for 2 games but this is a whole lot longer and if we still have funds we should be looking into players I'd say mainly strikers. Bedoya, Ortiz, McKay and Wylde need to step up. If we lose one of the top two upfront it will be a worry.

Bedoya, Ortiz, McKay and Wylde need to step up.

In fairness to Bedoya, Ortiz & McKay.....they haven't really been given the chance in the 1st team. I do feel that Wylde has stepped up in recent weeks, and find it kinda strange that he's been dropped in favour of Papc.

However, it is the perfect opportunity for these guys to really stake a claim for a 1st team start - especially Bedoya & Ortiz since they are both right-sided players.

McCulloch's place certainly seems to certain every week as Ally's going for a strong defence tactic. Part of that tactic should be breaking quickly and I can't think of anyone better than Wylde to come back into the team to realise that.

Of course, a striker would be helpful as well in the January window. Surely there's some gem hiding in the lower leagues of other countires. I don't know what the word is on this Swede?