Rangers could face 25-point deduction

Funny thing is... THEY talk about how we should have 45 titles (54 minus the 9 we won in 9IAR... due to us spending outwith our means... despite the debt not appearing till AFTER 9IAR).

THEY also try to deduct titles from us for the last couple of years due to "ref/masonic bias".

What they dont do though is deduct the 2008 title when "Sporting integrity FC" had to play their games by a certain time so they could make their commitment to a Japanese tour, which funnily enough never materialised.

If we were deducted points this season and they won the league, they would see it as a victory, not a win by default.

Sporting integrity indeed. My arse Liewell !

Just trying to sell papers. And succeeding in doing so I'd wager. Fact is I've never heard of any club being deducted that amount for administration - 10 is the standard deduction.

Dundee got 25 but that was their second time in a short period, thats why they are scaremongering.

The operative word in that report, and many others is could.

As far as titles go craig, we should start a campaign to have the titles we won during the war added to our total. It may have been a mixture of players, but it was still Rangers FC. lol

But it is understood if Rangers are taken into administration before the outcome of the tax case has been completed they could escape the extra penalty.

Such a move would leave the club with a CVA and no one to contest it since Whyte would be the main creditor and only 10 points would be deducted.

Why would Rangers be taken into administration before the tax case? I don't believe that the directors of a company can put the company into administration just because they feel like it. Is the club unable to pay the debts due at the moment or over, say, the next 6 months?

I'm also yet to be convinced that any potential HMRC debt would simply disappear just because the club went into administration before the conclusion of the case.

I don't believe that the directors of a company can put the company into administration just because they feel like it. Is the club unable to pay the debts due at the moment or over, say, the next 6 months?

Could it not be the case that CW's parent company, which holds the current debts, could effectively demand payment now. The club wouldn't be able to pay and therefore go into administration.

Could it not be the case that CW's parent company, which holds the current debts, could effectively demand payment now. The club wouldn't be able to pay and therefore go into administration.

They can't.

if the Club has not suffered an insolvency event within 90 days of the Club's appeal in relation to the tax claim brought against the Club by HM Revenue & Customs (the "Tax Case") being finally determined, then The Rangers FC Group will ... waive the debt that it has acquired