Donald McIntyre has resigned as Rangers' finance director.

Just seen this. Quote from twitter apparently -

BBCAlLamont Alasdair Lamont

Donald McIntyre has resigned as #Rangers' finance director. He remains an employee but is taking advice over a potential claim against RFC.

More tweets from journos -

STVRaman Raman Bhardwaj

Rangers say they are not surprised by the resignation of Donald McIntrye as finance director... he remains an employee of the club.

STV_Andy Andy Coyle

RFC: "He is currently under suspension and remains an employee of the club. It is not unexpected that he has resigned as a director."

bluebear 54 you are so disillusioned man. It's evident that Craig Whyte is not that 'Knight in shining armour' we all hoped for and is infact, a crook. Whyte came in, and like a child throwing his toys out the pram, suspended Bain and Mcintyre on the pettiest of terms. Scraping the barrel, so that he doesn't have to offer a redundancy package to either, (i.e the proper way to do things). Whyte has no longevity at the club, and no money for that matter. Mcintyre (if anyone is a true ger will know) has recovered around 3million in debt during his time, and done nothing but the best for the club.

Edited by jj122

bluebear 54 you are so disillusioned man. It's evident that Craig Whyte is not that 'Knight in shining armour' we all hoped for and is infact, a crook. Whyte came in, and like a child throwing his toys out the pram, suspended Bain and Mcintyre on the pettiest of terms. Scraping the barrel, so that he doesn't have to offer a redundancy package to either, (i.e the proper way to do things). Whyte has no longevity at the club, and no money for that matter. Mcintyre (if anyone is a true ger will know) has recovered around 3million in debt during his time, and done nothing but the best for the club.

There's a lot we can speculate about, but I think you've perhaps got a point about trying to avoid paying redundancy packages. What tips it towards thinking that way for me is that if Whyte had uncovered anything he could have fired Donald McIntrye for, then he wouldn't have been on suspension for 5 months and still be a club employee, he would have been fired. Another WTF aspect of the whole thing is Martin Bain taking legal action. I just can't imagine for one single second that Bain would take legal action if he thought he had done anything wrong. It just makes zero sense.

Welcome to Gersnet btw jj ... icon14.png