Chris Sutton: Rangers are fragile - they'll struggle if they lose players to injury

Guest Dutchy
Is he not up here to promote his book??:hm:

He sure is, and if you want your target audience to roll up at the book shops, all you need to do is talk the usual shite, which I'd say he's done an admirable job of.

Charlie Miller: I've no idea what Rangers team Chris Sutton is watching - they're flying and will get even better

CHARLIE MILLER turned up at the launch of Chris Sutton's autobiography and told his mate they'll soon close the book on a Rangers title win.

Former Hoops favourite Sutton questioned the ability of Rangers to lift the SPL crown again and branded them "fragile".

He raised doubts about the champions' self-belief to go the distance and insisted they haven't been great to watch this season under new boss Ally McCoist.

Sutton spoke at the media publicity shoot of his new book, Paradise and Beyond, just 48 hours before Miller joined a host of former players at Glasgow's Grand Central Hotel for a charity launch.

chris sutton Image 3

However, the former Rangers favourite reckons his Old Firm rival was well wide of the mark with the criticism, especially as the Ibrox side sit 10 points clear at the top of the table after only a quarter of the SPL season.

Miller said: "I like Chris. He's a good guy and was a great player and he can say what he wants but I don't share his opinions.

"Rangers have won three in a row and they're already 10 in front, albeit Celtic have a game in hand. That doesn't suggest a team that's struggling for confidence when it comes to winning championships.

"Rangers are odds-on favourites to win the league. I'm not saying the title race is over as Celtic still have the players who can dig themselves out of their current predicament.

"But whose position would you rather be in at the moment, in the SPL at least? I'd say Rangers - and if anything they're only going to get better and stronger after recent hiccups in cup competitions.

"I'd also ask if Celtic are confident enough to go on a 12-game winning run while hoping Rangers lose a few matches in the same period? "They don't look the same team to me this season - Gary Hooper and Beram Kayal have yet to rediscover the form they showed last season and their defence is struggling without Emilio Izaguirre.

"They don't look anywhere near as strong as they did last time out. Sure, they've lost a few players to injury but so have Rangers and they have only dropped two points so far."

Miller, who is looking to establish his own soccer academy after returning from Australia, has been impressed with the way the new arrivals at Ibrox have settled in under McCoist.

He also reckons the signing of new faces such as Dorin Goian, Carlos Bocanegra and Matt Mackay have helped raise the standards for others in the squad that has been so successful in recent seasons.

Miller said: "Rangers are in a great position in the SPL and have strong characters down the spine of their team. Allan McGregor, Goian, Bocanegra, Steven Davis, Steven Naismith, Kyle Lafferty and Nikica Jelavic are a great backbone.

"Others such as Maurice Edu have also stepped up to the plate because they know competition for places is hotting up with the arrival of players such as my Aussie pal Matt.

"Rangers won't struggle for mental strength and the fact they have kept clean sheets in eight games out of 10 so far in the SPL speaks volumes. They are proving very difficult to beat in the league."

McCoist and Celtic rival Neil Lennon have years of experience as players winning titles but Miller reckons his former team-mate holds the trump card as he has been over the course before as part of a coaching staff.

He said: "Lenny knows what it takes to win a title as a player but they lost out to Inverness last season and it cost him a title as a manager. Rangers deserved their win because they finished with more points.

"Ally won't struggle for motivation or toil under the pressure of leading the club. He played through the nine-in-a-row era when expectations were so high and coped every time.

"He has also been over the course as assistant. He has learned from one of the best in Walter Smith and I don't expect he'll come up short."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2011/10/07/charlie-miller-i-ve-no-idea-what-rangers-team-chris-sutton-is-watching-they-re-flying-and-will-get-even-better-86908-23472507/

Wednesday night on Radio Snyde's SuperscoreboardXtra was truly embarrassing. Really, they have no shame, an hour of broadcasting handed over to promote a pointless tome. Hosted by Objective Host of ra Show, Jim Delahunt, Nuremberg Hugh and the Slug Guidi(he penned said tome) made up the Yahoo-fest panel. Christmas is coming and every bhoy and ghirl should have the Sutton stocking filler. Nuremberg piggy-backed the original piece off Sutton's appearance. A real back slapping Yahoo cabal getting their snouts in the trough.

Chris is big on responsibility, demanding the current Sellik Board and players meet their responsibilities to the Lurgan Lout. Interestingly, BIG Chris abdicated his responsiblities to current Evening Times/Herald journo, Alison McConnell and their child. The then Sellik View cub reporter lay down faster than a Pars team facing Rangers in a championship decider, and Chris took advantage faster than Jim Torbet in an under elevens' dressing room.

I am sure the Slug Guidi has included Chris's full scoring exploits in the book?

Sutton isnt the brightest either.....

Quote : "There is a 10-point gap at the moment, but it’s bridgeable. There are 30-odd games left and Celtic have a few things in their favour"

Note to Chris : Maths wasnt your strong point was it ? Celtic have played 9 games thus far..... the league campaign is 38 games.... 38 minus 9 Chris, what is the answer ? It's ok, you can use a calculator as it is obviously necessary.

Muppet.

And.... just what is it that Celtic have in their favour ? A squad of about 50 players ? Yet a starting XI that has failed to beat Rangers, Hearts, St Johnstone, Sion... So they have a LOT of players... but strength though ?? Nah, didnt think so.

no class and certainly no dignity. I will pray to god that we will win the league by the largest margin ever in the history of football just to get on his fucking goat.

thanks for the motivation dickhead, not that we need any more but its welcome all the same.

Guest Dutchy

Chris Suttons book will be in the Bargain Book shops in it's droves very, very soon. It's Rangers who have the fighting spirit when they're down, not septic. And they never will as long as they depend on outside influences to 'thunder' their way back to the top.

Sorry, but there's no chance Chris the present septic team will get back into it if don't change now, which they've shown themselves incapable of doing so many times, even in just this season.