Souness On Sky

It's the same moral conduct that saw Walter leave Scotland for us.

And which we worshipped him for.

Not sure the SFA and non bear Scotland fans were so keen on it.

My point is of course we all know Souness played for Liverpool - that's the point. He wouldn't have left Rangers for anyone else. Hence the Walter comparison.

Are you mad???

Comparing Walter Smith to Souness.

As this is a Rangers supporters site, I'm only interested in what happens concerning my club. Please don't take that as me not having interest in any other club in Scotland, but on this site, Rangers are paramount.

So, I'll ask again. Did Souness leave Rangers???

Are you mad???

Comparing Walter Smith to Souness.

As this is a Rangers supporters site, I'm only interested in what happens concerning my club. Please don't take that as me not having interest in any other club in Scotland, but on this site, Rangers are paramount.

So, I'll ask again. Did Souness leave Rangers???

Of course he did, but he did say he made a mistake but he can't change it now can he, who hasn't made a mistake in life!

He is one of the few who always has a good word to say about Rangers on SKY or elsewhere, I love the guy and always look forward to hearing what he has to say.

I didn't like Souness' style of management, never have and never will. He was far too arogant for me and I think that was proved by the fact he ended up giving himself a heart attack. I've listened to him giving interviews in the past and he has become much more conciliatory, which is a good thing as was instumental in my not slagging him off.

I realise that others however do, or did like his style while he was here. I'm preparred to forgive and forget about some really rubbish comments and decisions made by him, namely the spat with Super Ally, but I'm not so forgiving about him leaving 3 or 4 matches away from us winning our 8th title in a row.

You can claim and counter-claim all you like, I felt I was entitled to remind fans that he left us, almost in the lurch, and don't appreciate a weak history lesson on why he left us by being told that Liverpool were more important to him than Rangers, even if I understood it well enough.

Danny seems to be almost denying that he indeed leave us, I was just checking if that was the case, or not.

Guys try answering each other in an adult fashion by discussing and not getting hot under the collar and snarling at each other. It makes your post more interesting and more people may join in the discussion.:thup:

My collar is open and cool, I'm just interested in things in general. I particulary don't like arguments on forums as it's very difficult, or should I say easy, for folks to get the wrong end of the stick.

Come to think about it, I'm fecking freezing, brrrrrr....

The fact is that Souness felt he would be happier at Liverpool or more likely it was a bigger challenge to get Liverpool back on top than keep Rangers at the top of a 2 team league. While I will always think of Rangers as the best club in the world I can imagine he went for the bigger challenge and probably a far higher wage. Souness certainly does have a huge arrogant streak in him and some will like him and others won't but his decision to move to Liverpool is at least understandable.

He left us for what he thought was his dream job but soon realised he'd made a mistake, I think it says a lot about the man that he was big enough to admit this.

You only have to look at his face when he talks about us to see how much he loves the club, a look that you don't get when he talks about Liverpool and to see him on Sky and the way he spoke a Legend for me.

The fact is that Souness felt he would be happier at Liverpool or more likely it was a bigger challenge to get Liverpool back on top than keep Rangers at the top of a 2 team league. While I will always think of Rangers as the best club in the world I can imagine he went for the bigger challenge and probably a far higher wage. Souness certainly does have a huge arrogant streak in him and some will like him and others won't but his decision to move to Liverpool is at least understandable.

I have very little interest in what goes on in the mind of Souness, you on the other hand feel his decision to leave Rangers is understandable. I have the opposite view, but there's no war going to start over it.

I just never liked him and that decision capped it for me. I've softened my opinion of him with his later interviews admitting he was wrong, but he was wrong. That's all.