Argentinian trialist?

STV reporting the deal is dead as well now.

Well, half a day after the Express headline and they are the only ones to follow up. As usual, better wait till someone official speaks out about this, either on the HP or via twitter.

As for "no surprise": he sure will want a certain wage at his age and experience, probably also a lengthy deal (2 years?). We are pretty well covered on the left wing, with Wylde, McKay, Kerkar, Wallace, Naismith and Lafferty all accustomed to play there - even if it is not their (or our's) favourite position.

IF this is true, you would think a figure would have been discussed before he started his trial that both were happy they could work with. What is the point in having him for a trial then discover we can't afford him!

To temporarily stop the fans moaning about our transfer window signings? You can bet any money we'd have signed him after the game on Sunday if we hadn't beaten Celtic.....

Here's the STV link.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/271273-rangers-end-interest-in-matias-abelairas/

It's only the first sentance that claims it's over. There is no confimation of who said what to whom, the rest of the article is about his past career.

Very poor reporting from STV.

I'm not saying that they're wrong about the deal being off, but they're reporting stats that are completely incorrect which is totally unfair on the player. When STV are lifting their player stats off wikipedia you need to question the quality of their work.

To temporarily stop the fans moaning about our transfer window signings? You can bet any money we'd have signed him after the game on Sunday if we hadn't beaten Celtic.....

you think zappa? i'm not so sure mate, nothing much has been said by the club apart from he's here on a 2 week trial, just like that german guy was earlier in the season.

I don't know much about him but I am quite happy with our squad again this season. We still have a number to come back from injury and the new midfielders are still to get a good run out in the team. I am not bothered one way or another if he signs or not and it certainly wouldn't have cheered me up any if we did get beat by them on Sunday.

you think zappa? i'm not so sure mate, nothing much has been said by the club apart from he's here on a 2 week trial, just like that german guy was earlier in the season.

I don't know much about him but I am quite happy with our squad again this season. We still have a number to come back from injury and the new midfielders are still to get a good run out in the team. I am not bothered one way or another if he signs or not and it certainly wouldn't have cheered me up any if we did get beat by them on Sunday.

Wouldn't have cheered me up either mate, not immediately anyway. I do think the club are extremely manipulative, so yeah, I do think it's entirely possible that if we'd got beaten on Sunday the club would have waited for things to die down a bit and maybe yesterday afternoon or this morning, the Argentinian would have been signed. Like you, I'm quite happy with our squad, although I do think we're going to end up with a serious striker shortage at some point in the season if we don't bring another one in.

Wouldn't have cheered me up either mate, not immediately anyway. I do think the club are extremely manipulative, so yeah, I do think it's entirely possible that if we'd got beaten on Sunday the club would have waited for things to die down a bit and maybe yesterday afternoon or this morning, the Argentinian would have been signed. Like you, I'm quite happy with our squad, although I do think we're going to end up with a serious striker shortage at some point in the season if we don't bring another one in.

If Jelavic continies to score goals we might struggle to hold on to him in January!!!

If Jelavic continies to score goals we might struggle to hold on to him in January!!!

There's a few players we might struggle to hold on to! I'm bloody dreading the January transfer window already and we're not even into October. :wtf:

IMO unless we get silly money I am quite confident on keeping most of our players if not all, for the next few seasons at least. They have signed new contracts and we don't need to sell and I think most want to play and stay with us to win more trophies.