Martin Bains' Legal Papers

Is any of this stuff really news or even unexpected?

The tax bill hanging over our heads has been there for years. Although I see Spiers now has it at 50 million! At this rate it will be at a trillion dollars by the end of the month....

As a result, the threat of possible administration has also been there.

The manner in which Bain left was always going to mean there would be some sort of legal proceedings.

I'm not sure why journos like Speirs are creaming themselves over this stuff. Craig Whyte would have been aware of all of this before he even made an initial enquiry for the club, so he will have plans in place for the different eventualities.

Some of our fans are lapping up the media circus and applying their selective "don't believe anything the papers say" rule to suit their agenda/moaning. I also can't believe some of the postings in forums being highly critical of Whyte. The guy has only been here for a matter of months and has inherited a club on its knees thanks to David Murray. What exactly did they expect him to do in such a short timeframe?

Some of our fans are lapping up the media circus and applying their selective "don't believe anything the papers say" rule to suit their agenda/moaning. I also can't believe some of the postings in forums being highly critical of Whyte. The guy has only been here for a matter of months and has inherited a club on its knees thanks to David Murray. What exactly did they expect him to do in such a short timeframe?
I even seen a post in the DR(I think) saying he wished Whyte would leave and Murray come back in. Some people never learn I guess

Regarding Spiers and others who write on that topic: Would you and your lot keep in mind that "if Rangers lose their tax case" is nothing imminent. No matter how often it is repeated, it will not come to our doorstep anytime soon*. The only thing you lot do is discredit the name of Rangers FC for something of the past and something that is currently looked into.

*The case might be presented in November, but as has been said the outcome will most likely be challenged by either side and will most likely go on for years. Just keep in mind how long a certain über-Rangers fan in South Africa held the local tax authorities at bay. (Anyone knows the outcome here?)

I would assume that both Murray International and Whyte had/has the best legal team working on this, as neither wants to lose another few million.

Totally agree on this summary, i have noticed a sudden shift in the support of Whyte with some of the high volume posters on other forums. It's akin to a coup d'etat, maybe I'm getting to paranoid in my old age? but with the club under organised sustained attack from our enemies outwith, we don't need another " enemy within, enemy within, enemy within" scenario

Can't believe Spiers is comparing our fiscal challenges with a disaster that killed dozens of people.

Talk about crass. :(

I read that so called article by Spiers, very poor rehash of current events, But if him linking our financial woes with the death of 66 of our brethren does not get him a sin die from Ibrox then i despair. Honestly i could cry, I'm not one for making threats but..................suppose he'll want me charged for that thought, coont what he is.

I even seen a post in the DR(I think) saying he wished Whyte would leave and Murray come back in. Some people never learn I guess

Big thread on FF about wanting Paul Murray to bring his bid back to life as he's more of a bluenose than Whyte. Rangers fans got to loves us.