Martin Bains' Legal Papers

Thanks for this Ian, anybody else think somebody is using the baldy model as a way to have a go at the club. You have to remember if TBM thinks we are short of money it's him and Murray that put us there.

Could the real reason they didn't want the Whyte takeover to go through is to cover their own arses about the state we are in and any underhand dealings.

It reads like something out of a Monty Python film - "The Destroyed Life Of Bain" or "The Quest For Damages" - "I think he said, 'Blessed is the steak and gravy pie' or it might have been 'Blessed are the season tickets', but could also have been 'Blessed are the courts'. It was blessed something anyway or was it damages something. Well, he definitely said something about the former employees who say 'Ni'".

It reads like something out of a Monty Python film - "The Destroyed Life Of Bain" or "The Quest For Damages" - "I think he said, 'Blessed is the steak and gravy pie' or it might have been 'Blessed are the season tickets', but could also have been 'Blessed are the courts'. It was blessed something anyway or was it damages something. Well, he definitely said something about the former employees who say 'Ni'".

Not sure if I read it right he sueing for bonuses not unfair dismissal, bonuses after the state he left us in.

Not sure if I read it right he sueing for bonuses not unfair dismissal, bonuses after the state he left us in.

If the documents are legitimate, then he's sueing for money he was due under his contract, but wasn't paid, as well as sueing for losses and damages as a result of his contract being breached.

Thanks Ian. The bit about quoting newspaper headlines seems a wee bit like grasping at straws. The nature of these things of course is to make the pursuer look like a paragon of virtue and the defendant a despot.

One thing that is clear to me from reading this is that Bain was in a headlong rush into making as much wonga as he could, apparently, each year not being happy with his pittance.

As a fan, he certainly doesn't come across as a nice chappie looking after the Club he loves.

Perhaps his lawyers are hoping for an out of court settlement. If not, it's going to be a long court case that he may win, may partly win or may lose big time. Either way, it will cost.

I tire of everything that's going on just now, and yearn back to the days when it was all about football.

I wait with interest to read some more informed comment than I can give.

Edited by bluebear54

Whyte: What manner of man are you that can summon up fire without flint or tinder?

Bain: I... am a social climber.

Whyte: By what name are you known?

Bain: There are some who call me... 'Martin'.

Whyte: ...greetings, Martin the social climber.

As a fan, he certainly doesn't come across as a nice chappie looking after the Club he loves.

I just can't believe he's sueing the club for over a million quid when he knows the club are pretty skint.

Perhaps his lawyers are hoping for an out of court settlement.

An out of court settlement is the only likely outcome unless Whyte and Bain wish to drag the club through the mud.

People saying they were stolen, and it is now in the hands of the police.

Where's that info coming from mate? If they were stolen you'd think the thief would have had time to get better quality scans/copies.