I feel if the present board hadn't made all these false promise's, the vast majority of Rangers fans would have accepted that we're undergoing a period of transition and that we need time to recover from getting the bank off our backs.

Still, there's a big diffirence between around �£2 million and �£5 million, even without euro qualification and Whyte needs to learn not to talk shite.

Am I missing something here ?

DId Whyte's statement not suggest 5 mill investment per season ? If that IS the case then we are only halfway through the transfer windows for this season. Surely it would be premature to have a go at them for not meeting their investment if they still have January available to make further additions ? Not all of your budget needs to be spent in the August window.

I am not saying we WILL spend anything in January, but it is a bit premature to say we wont. That said, the statement the other day from Whyte about realism would suggest that he did depend on the CL money to substantiate some of that transfer fund.

Other parts of the new regime are fair game I would think though.

I think it's true to say that the transfer year is not over yet, but I feel we're getting into a chicken'n'egg type of argument here.

It's all very well saying he will depend on CL money to strengthen the squad, but other will say we failed to qualify for the CL due to not strengthening.

It's an unfortunate scenario, but all we have to do is to beat septic in order to get automatic entry into next seasons CL. Here's hoping Ally's up to it. I know he's up for it, but how well he does is the unknown factor this season, as I'm sure WS would give us none of these concerns.

I see the bank not running us,I see a bit of stability,and I see Rangers men running Rangers. Now whether they are successful or not I'm more at ease just now. You have to give the new regime a chance before you can judge,again time will tell.

Bank not running us is handy, but the debt is still there. I don't really see stability going by what seems to be going on right now with the tax stuff and this supposed mortgaging of assets.

As for Rangers men running Rangers, I simply want the best and most qualified people running Rangers, whatever their football inclinations are.

Maybe it's a wee bit too early to judge, but Whyte could be a balance sheet owner. by that I take the state of Hibs finances, they are in great nick due to the club being run by Petrie, but they're lying at the bottom of the league with, from all reports, an unhappy manager.

I don't think I want Rangers to be the richest club in the SPL, but out of the silverware winning stakes.

Whyte probably still has a lot to learn about owning a football club. We should wait and see what happens, even if the BIG tax demand goes against us, we could sue all the advisers that said we should be OK!!!

Maybe it's a wee bit too early to judge, but Whyte could be a balance sheet owner. by that I take the state of Hibs finances, they are in great nick due to the club being run by Petrie, but they're lying at the bottom of the league with, from all reports, an unhappy manager.

I don't think I want Rangers to be the richest club in the SPL, but out of the silverware winning stakes.

Whyte probably still has a lot to learn about owning a football club. We should wait and see what happens, even if the BIG tax demand goes against us, we could sue all the advisers that said we should be OK!!!

I think Arsenal are a good example as well. money in the bank but not challenging for the top prize.

I think Arsenal are a good example as well. money in the bank but not challenging for the top prize.

A lot more difficult when 5 or 6 clubs are spending �£20m on one player, never mind five or six. See Liverpool, Man City and United.

SPL aren't competition, they can't spend, Celtic are lucky to spend �£5m in a season never mind a player. Jelavic was a one off imo but it payed off last season but our net soend wasn't exactly huge.

Edited by metlika

If Whyte said 5M a season, and says we've spent in excess of 5M this window (a complete lie imo), then that means we'll not be spending anything come January unless we sell players.

And it has to be said, 5M a season is extremely poor anyway.