Ex-Ger doing well in the Champions league

Because players in the past have just sat back and would have pulled out of such games, yet he was trying his upmost to get back into the first team but giving 100% in such games....that game was just an example of him at the time putting in the effort rather than slacking which plenty players have done in the past. FFS barry Ferguson refused to train in the afternoons under PLG.

Again, I'd expect no less from any Rangers player. Any player who refuses to play a match doesn't deserve to be a Rangers players or a professional footballer. I don't understand why you're singling him for praise. He was paid by us to represent us and if it means going up to Forfar then so be it.

Gav, have to side with the others here.

I remember the team was appalling at Falkirk one season, with little to no heart. He came on in the pounding rain and gave it absolutely everything, including getting hatcheted over the advertising hoardings. Just dusted himself off, and got on with it. He was our best attacking threat once on and simply looked a class apart from the shirkers that filled up the rest of the jerseys that day.

He was treated very badly by this club, by Walter who lied to him, by Eck who kept fannying about regarding him, and even by PLG to an extent.

Buffel was an extremely talented player with a much better attitude than many gave him credit for and I hope he and Genk do really well in the CL.

Gav, have to side with the others here.

I remember the team was appalling at Falkirk one season, with little to no heart. He came on in the pounding rain and gave it absolutely everything, including getting hatcheted over the advertising hoardings. Just dusted himself off, and got on with it. He was our best attacking threat once on and simply looked a class apart from the shirkers that filled up the rest of the jerseys that day.

He was treated very badly by this club, by Walter who lied to him, by Eck who kept fannying about regarding him, and even by PLG to an extent.

Buffel was an extremely talented player with a much better attitude than many gave him credit for and I hope he and Genk do really well in the CL.

By others, I take it you mean Gribz? No one else has said how they thought he did well at Rangers, apart from yourself.

I still don't get why going to Forfar on a cold rainy night, you think Buffel deserves a pat on the back for playing for Rangers? OK, the other players on the park that night were dross so that was a problem for the management to sort out. Should players pull out of games because it's raining? Nope. They're footballers, not babies.

I can't remember how he was treated by Eck, I can't remember what WS lied to him about and I'm trying to forget about PLGs stint in charge to be honest.

Maybe Buffel was a talented player but his game wasn't suited to the Scottish game. Playing well against Forfar doesn't really do it for me.

I am with Gav on this one.

They get paid to play. If they dont want to play at Forfar then they shouldnt sign for a Scottish team. The fact that he played at Forfar makes not a blind bit of difference. The fact that he came on and tried hard against Falkirk makes not a blind bit of difference. Why ? Because they get PAID to do exactly that. If they are dross then that is one thing, but the least that ANY fan should expect is 100% effort from every player. If the others didnt play well or didnt try that should have ZERO bearing on how we treat Buffel's attitude. He did what he was being paid to do, no more.

Just because the rest werent trying doesnt mean that he deserves a pat on the back - it actually mean the rest deserve a boot in the baws.

I think he had the ability maybe not for this league but he did. I didn't mind him either seem decent enough although SPL cloggers are always going to cause problems. I don't really know why he was frozen out but he is probably on reasonable wages at that point. Also to think about it McCulloch probably replaced him....

Nobody is saying he deserves a pat on the back, what I am saying is he got his finger out trying to get back in the team.

But shouldn't every Rangers player be trying their hardest and getting their finger out in an attempt to get back into the 1st team?

I think he had the ability maybe not for this league but he did. I didn't mind him either seem decent enough although SPL cloggers are always going to cause problems. I don't really know why he was frozen out but he is probably on reasonable wages at that point. Also to think about it McCulloch probably replaced him....

I remember reading at the time that he could not walk through the same door as PLG but what happened I do not know.

I remember reading at the time that he could not walk through the same door as PLG but what happened I do not know.