HMRC sources briefing that Rangers bank accounts have been frozen this afternoon

Lifted from FF:

HMRC sources are briefing the media that they have this afternoon frozen the club's bank accounts because of the smaller outstanding (�£2.8million) tax case.

Anybody know anybody know anything about this?

I don't believe it for a minute Ian. For a kick off, I don't think HMRC themselves can freeze a bank account without asking/requestiing the bank to do it in unusual/uncommon circumstances in which case it's the bank freezing the account and not actually HMRC. Secondly, the club has had last seasons CL money come in recently as well as ticket money for the Chelsea game and two European games at Ibrox on top of the season ticket money. There's no way HMRC would get bank accounts frozen when they know the tax bill can be settled. You have to wonder who the HMRC sources are eh? ;)

I don't believe it for a minute Ian. For a kick off, I don't think HMRC themselves can freeze a bank account without asking/requestiing the bank to do it in unusual/uncommon circumstances in which case it's the bank freezing the account and not actually HMRC. Secondly, the club has had last seasons CL money come in recently as well as ticket money for the Chelsea game and two European games at Ibrox on top of the season ticket money. There's no way HMRC would get bank accounts frozen when they know the tax bill can be settled. You have to wonder who the HMRC sources are eh? ;)

There is a 31 page thread on it on FF,just can't be arsed reading it lol

There is a 31 page thread on it on FF,just can't be arsed reading it lol

Heres the fool hear who did almost slit my wrists, another thing FF is bad for negativity must have been a lot of Timposters on.Zappa right on this one HMRC can't freeze accounts only a bank and with a court order and as Zappa also says if club has money to cover payment they won't freeze accounts only order the payment.

The thread was started by GMS,so I assumed there was some substance to it.

I knew it was GMS mate, but I still don't believe it. An HMRC 'source' might have said such things, but that doesn't mean such things are true if you know what I mean... ;)