Maribor - 1 chance, 1 goal. Rangers 26 chances, 1 goal.

Guest Smug Bluenose

Guest Dutchy

I know that Gazza, but the question was more in the vein, are we good enough to compete in the CL. I'm sure we'll improve as the season goes ahead, but are we failing in our preperation?

I think we are and I'd be in favour of summer football.

Scots could then have cheaper holidays as we'd all be off in January lol.

I know that Gazza, but the question was more in the vein, are we good enough to compete in the CL. I'm sure we'll improve as the season goes ahead, but are we failing in our preperation?

I think we are and I'd be in favour of summer football.

Scots could then have cheaper holidays as we'd all be off in January lol.

Summer football? Absolutely.

I know that Gazza, but the question was more in the vein, are we good enough to compete in the CL.

If you look at the teams in the CL group stage this year I'd say we're good enough in theory to be deserving of being there if we had beaten Malmo and got through the play-off round, but ultimately I don't think we'd have a good enough squad to qualify for the last 16 and our realistic target would have been to do the same as last year - finish 3rd in our group and parachute into the Europa League knock-out rounds.

Guest Dutchy
Maybe but they were seeded and we would have been seeded so we wouldn't have played them.

Ah! I didn't realise that as I was watching them getting drawn alongside Ajax. I was thinking, that could have been us and a chance for the 4-0 drubbing many years ago. As well as a good old fight with my Dutch pals.