I still think part of the problem is that we've not exactly been playing brilliant football under Smith, so McCoist or anyone else, would need some time to turn things around if they're going to put their own stamp on how the team plays. Don't get me wrong, the team has delivered some amazing results and trophies under Smith but I think we rode our luck massively at times and just scraped wins in many games where we really should have won more comfortably.

I've been encouraged by the signings we've made, our squad looks stronger than it has done for a while and we've not been drawn in to paying over the odds for players like we have done in the past. Its a bit worrying though when you see us punting the long ball up the park as we did under Smith when we seem to run out of ideas and his persistence to play some players who have clearly under-performed in previous games.

Having said all of that its very early in the season although I do wonder why some of the players have looked unfit when we knew we'd have an early start with the CL games.

Problem is that obviously in the SPL second is seen as failure and with it being a two-horse race, if we do drop points against other teams, we could see ourselves in the position where its only Celtic's title to lose, so McCoist will be well aware he needs to get things right soon.

I think it's still too early for a report card - who got one after a few weeks at school? It's been a mixed bag and with the mitigation of being a new manager and trying to put a team together, there is not much you can conclude so far. Can't believe the word "blame" is coming out already and I think it says more about those spouting it than anything to do with the team or manager.

I think the ironic thing is that we seem to have dropped the Wattenacio and are trying to play the attacking football a lot of people have been asking for - and it's certainly not working in Europe. Last night, at 1-0 up, Wattie would have pissed the fans off by locking up shop. However, we'd have probably come home with an away win.

McCoist seems to be pandering to the fans when he should be remembering the teachings of Obi Walt Kenobi.

Domestically the team seems solid enough and doing a reasonable job on that front and I can't see any cause for complaint there. An early draw to the third best team is hardly a disaster.

I don't think we can really judge Ally in Europe this season, and plenty of Rangers managers have done badly there. However, if he does do badly, he needs to make up for it next season. For the first domestic report card, I think we need to wait till 11 league games have been played - and certainly until quite a few weeks after the transfer window closes.

I'm not impressed so far but it's a bit harsh to judge so early. At the end of the day thats what managing a club the size of Rangers brings. Find it strange that people pick teams and have both Bedoya and Mckay in them. Personally I have never even heard of either player so cannot judge how good/bad they are and certainly wouldn't be pitching them straight into a starting eleven!

I'm not impressed so far but it's a bit harsh to judge so early. At the end of the day thats what managing a club the size of Rangers brings. Find it strange that people pick teams and have both Bedoya and Mckay in them. Personally I have never even heard of either player so cannot judge how good/bad they are and certainly wouldn't be pitching them straight into a starting eleven!

Well currently Edu and McCulloch don't work and we don't have much choice seeing as Fleck, Wylde and possibly Hutton aren't favoured then they will be in or around the first 11 immediately.