ian1964 10,858 Posted August 8, 2011 Share Posted August 8, 2011 Published Date: 09 August 2011 By Steve Goodman Madjid Bougherra last night fired a bitter parting shot at Rangers, insisting their offer of a new contract left him "sick". The Algeria defender has quit Ibrox with a year left on his deal to join mega-rich Qatar champions Lekhwiya. Bougherra, 28, said he had been ready to stay with Ally McCoist's side following his failure to land a move to the Barclays Premier League . But the centre-back claimed Rangers failed to improve his financial terms, only offering him a two-year extension while other players were given five-year deals. "I was in my last season at Rangers and had two options," Bougherra said. "Either I extended my stay or saw out my contract, with the risk that I got injured and found myself without a club next year. "The extension offer that Rangers made me had the same financial terms as before, with virtually the same salary. It was okay, but compared to what defenders earn these days, not what I hoped for. "Besides, they just offered me a two-year extension, while two or three other Rangers players prolonged their contracts by five years. It made me sick. I didn't think about money too much when I first joined Rangers, but since then I have won titles, played in the World Cup, African Nations Cup and Champions League and have won individual prizes. But I felt this wasn't leading me to anything and I began to be filled with self-doubt. "People told me that big clubs in England, France and Turkey were keen on me, but they turned out not to be interested." Bougherra will be offered the chance to go into management by Lekhwiya - and he has also lined up a job with Qatar-based TV station Al Jazeera. "Lekhwiya said in their offer that they will give me coaching opportunities." the defender said. "The people in Qatar recognise my value both on and off the pitch." http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Madjid-Madjid-Bougherra-says-Rangers.6815322.jp 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
juffery 0 Posted August 8, 2011 Share Posted August 8, 2011 Madjid, quite simply, fuck off. 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
metlika 0 Posted August 8, 2011 Share Posted August 8, 2011 I thought he was leaving on good terms I guess not. 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bluedell 6,041 Posted August 9, 2011 Share Posted August 9, 2011 "Besides, they just offered me a two-year extension, while two or three other Rangers players prolonged their contracts by five years. He's over 2 years older than the 2 outfield players who were awarded long contracts and he thinks he should get the same? It made me sick. You getting sent off against Malmo made me sick. 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
aftershock 1 Posted August 9, 2011 Share Posted August 9, 2011 Don't think he's been interested for a while....the sending off showed he didn't care about the Rangers. Piss off, good riddance! 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ian1964 10,858 Posted August 9, 2011 Author Share Posted August 9, 2011 The thing is,he is a good player,and has been a good player for us,however he thinks he is better than he actualy is,hence his consistent begging to go to the EPL instead of playing his way to the EPL. However if Rangers had offered him a three year extension would he have accepted it?,I doubt it. Thanks for your service Boogie,enjoy Qatar,but if you had concentated on playing for the Rangers you might have enjoyed being a real hero,but you'd rather have the cash so cya, remember the Rangers will always be here. 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GovanAllan 0 Posted August 9, 2011 Share Posted August 9, 2011 From day one he has been saying we are a stepping stone to bigger and better says this season will be his last and when he doesn't get the offer he wants spits the dummy wake boogie ya muppet, bigger and better my arse off to the desert for money in an even more mickey mouse league than the SPL. Just feck off and close the door on the way out ya tool. 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ian1964 10,858 Posted August 9, 2011 Author Share Posted August 9, 2011 I do however think we will miss him,we need to get a good replacement for him 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gazza_8 233 Posted August 9, 2011 Share Posted August 9, 2011 Excellent player for us but he's really going the wrong way about forcing a move away from the club. Acting like a dick in Malmo and not coming away with a statement like that? Just go! 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
laudrup11 0 Posted August 9, 2011 Share Posted August 9, 2011 The bit I don't get is He is complaining about contract offer 1 minute then the next saying it is time for a new challenge surely it wouldn't have mattered what we offered if he wants a new challenge ? 0 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.