Utterly random and pointless this, but curious nonetheless.

I just found out Madjid Bougherra is about as Algerian as I am. He is French, and opted to play for Algeria via a Grandfather's birth place.

He walks around whoring off Algeria, when he's bloody French!

This is kinda like any of the English guys who play/played for Scotland wearing Scottish wristbands and acting like they were born here.

Just felt like posting this :)

It's part of the reason that him strutting around Ibrox with a green & white flag really annoyed me. He was here for long enough to be able to comprehend that Rangers fans don't like green & white and yet he always brought out an Algeria flag at a title or cup winners party. In my mind he was either dense or disrespectful, but maybe even both.

It's part of the reason that him strutting around Ibrox with a green & white flag really annoyed me. He was here for long enough to be able to comprehend that Rangers fans don't like green & white and yet he always brought out an Algeria flag at a title or cup winners party. In my mind he was either dense or disrespectful, but maybe even both.

Maybe it is just me but I fail to see what the Algerian flag has to do with our hatred of all things Celtic (though given Danny's OP some would say they fail to see wht it has to do with Boughherra either....)

The Algerian flag has been seen in amongst the Rangers support at title party celebrations - I just dont see what the issue is.

I agree with the idea of let's move on guys, but I was just replying to Danny's post with my own opinion.

Even if you don't agree with me, you can't seriously say it's normal to see a green and white flag at an Ibrox title party. If Madjid had ran around Ibrox with the flag of his country of birth it would have been a red, white & blue flag. Maybe that would have been more appropriate.

To be a tad pedantic, he's still a Rangers player anyway. I assume the move to Qatar will go through early next week. Sure as hell don't want to be stuck with him another year.

To be fair to the guy, I think he was just proud to be a player who plays international football for Algeria and was too stupid to realize that a green and white flag at an Ibrox title party was sort of out of place.

I agree with the idea of let's move on guys, but I was just replying to Danny's post with my own opinion.

Even if you don't agree with me, you can't seriously say it's normal to see a green and white flag at an Ibrox title party. If Madjid had ran around Ibrox with the flag of his country of birth it would have been a red, white & blue flag. Maybe that would have been more appropriate.

He plays for Algeria, he has pledged his allegiance to their national team. Their flag is green and white. I dont consider that to be inappropriate.

We have seen Dutch flags, German flags, USA flags along with a host of others - were they OK simply because they werent green and white ? Bougherra waving the Algerian flag is no more inappropriate than Claudia Reyna waving the US flag. None at all.

Complete non-issue to me.