Comparing Le Guen

Im just watching a re-run of the Hibs away game coz i havent seen it yet, and it just dawned on me that Le Guens signings are similar to Walter Smiths. They are pretty much un-heard of so we are now waiting on Le Guen to do what Walter Smith couldnt do (in Europe) and gel these players together and produce a winning formula.

The difference between the 2 is WS bought his players for big bucks while Le Guen has needed to be shrewd so I know some will say they cant be compared.

I know some will also say they cant be compared coz WS had world class players like Laudrup and Gascoigne but at the time 4.5 million Gazza was a huge risk after his off field antics, 2 leg breaks and his other injuries. Laudrup on the other hand was also having a nightmare at AC Milan and had to go to Fiorentina on load. Luckily for us both them came through and are now legends.

So we now have to wait and see now if Le Guen can wave his wand and gel a team together which boasts no superstars.

This bear believes he will come good. Im not saying CL success but the league title and 1 or 2 SFA Cup and a good euro run by the end of next season.

Yeah i think he will come good IF he is given time by the fans.

Its ok us "reasonable" fans on a forum saying that we should give him time to settle but i can assure you the message PLG got from the fans after the game on Saturday wasnt "we will give you time to settle".

Im not criticising fans for booing, i was as pissed off as anyone in Ibrox on Saturday but i just wish they would consider the consequences on the pitch, our team now go into a tough Euro game thinking that the fans arent behind them and as if the media arent heaping enough pressure on them to perform some fans are heaping even more on top of that.

Yeah i think he will come good IF he is given time by the fans.

Its ok us "reasonable" fans on a forum saying that we should give him time to settle but i can assure you the message PLG got from the fans after the game on Saturday wasnt "we will give you time to settle".

Surely thats where the voice of the fans (fan reps and group reps i.e. Frankie), come in and say yes the main core and decent fans give you time?

Good points as usual Gribz and despite the vocal criticism from some fans, I think the majority of the support do back the manager.

Maybe what you suggest about public backing might be a good idea in the near future - especially if we don't get a good result tonight.

It does`nt help when you get assholes from the Rangers Assembly running off to the press and spouting nonsense regarding the McGregor situation.

Who are these people to assume that their opinion is that of the majority of our support!?

Frankie..The Trust do a really good job regarding not kow towing to the mhedia pack...long may it continue.:thup:

Maybe what you suggest about public backing might be a good idea in the near future - especially if we don't get a good result tonight.

IMO id urge the likes of the trust and supporters voices back Le Guen on behalf of the fans. I know Id like my voice heard.

Im still finding it hard to believe he is getting such critisism already.

Thanks for the praise mate. Davie Edgar was on 5 Live and Radio Scotland yesterday standing up for the fans once again.

May I just clarify though that it wasn't the Assembly rep that was quoted in the press but the Rangers Supporters' Assocation chief. Don't blame you for being confused though as the organisations do have the same initials... ;)