russian billionaire taking over

seen on another forum that their is 90% that rangers are being sold to a russian billionaire

the guy has got more than mr abromovich

the guys source is friendly with mr murray and is a Rangers Directors box regular.

he said he is seeing the guy on friday so i will have more details then

This has been rumoured for a while Fraser - the guy (cant remember his name) recently bought a place (mansion likely) close to DM in Perthshire (I think).

I doubt the credibility of this guy owning us - but if he is a billionaire then he has money to burn.

Not sure I want to go down the Abramovich route, unless the guy is in it for the long-term (and as long as his money is legal !)

Furfuxsake, the guy's source was the front page of the Daily Record the Monday after we beat Aberdeen 1-0.

This Russian guy owns Zenit St Petersburg, the team Ricksen is at on loan and he and his mates hired Murray Park for a football match a few weekends ago. This does not mean that he is buying Rangers and I seriously doubt that he will. There is no buisness sense for a man of his wealth buying a club in the SPL.

The huge investment by Abramovich is a farce. When he decides to leave, who is going to be willing to take on the astronomical wages he is paying. And think of the hits they have taken by paying so far over the odds for players who then don't settle or are replaced - Crespo, Veron, Parker and Duff have probably cost about 40 mill in lost transfer fees and to what effect? Do we really want to go down that road again? With the exception of Gattuso, Van Bronckhorst and Boumsong, we have experienced it before spending over the top and losing out when a player moves on - Hendry, Amoruso, Flo. We need sensible, sustainable progress at the club not a Russian loon who is going to indulge us for a while before toddling off to his next plaything.

The huge investment by Abramovich is a farce. When he decides to leave, who is going to be willing to take on the astronomical wages he is paying. And think of the hits they have taken by paying so far over the odds for players who then don't settle or are replaced - Crespo, Veron, Parker and Duff have probably cost about 40 mill in lost transfer fees and to what effect? Do we really want to go down that road again? With the exception of Gattuso, Van Bronckhorst and Boumsong, we have experienced it before spending over the top and losing out when a player moves on - Hendry, Amoruso, Flo. We need sensible, sustainable progress at the club not a Russian loon who is going to indulge us for a while before toddling off to his next plaything.

Chelsea were 180 million in the red,at the last count. If Abramovich loves Chelsea so much why does he not clear that debt. If he walks away Chelsea will not recover and be the English Third Lanark.