Madjid To Return Home for scan on hamstring injury

Guest Dutchy

Well they're saying he will be fit for the start of the title race, but he's obviously missing many warm-up games, so will he be up to pace.

This last minute signing policy is getting to be a bore, we need to find and identify players far sooner than we are doing at the moment.

Well they're saying he will be fit for the start of the title race, but he's obviously missing many warm-up games, so will he be up to pace.

This last minute signing policy is getting to be a bore, we need to find and identify players far sooner than we are doing at the moment.

It isnt even the middle of July yet, the window is open till end of August. Most clubs (in England at least) are only just back this week for pre-season.

A wee tad OTT to suggest that it is last minute signing policy.

Guest Dutchy

Maybe it is OTT, but it seems, to me anyhow, that not just this season, but many of the previous ones, we never seem to have anyone in mind, never mind in place.

We're touring Germany for goodness sake, to hone the players fittness and presumably to let them link up with each other.

Would seem to be just as OTT to sign 2 or 3 players in the week before we play.

I think Gazza8's right. We need two Centre Halfs. I'm really not sure about depending on Weir for a whole season. Papac and Whittaker can both play there, as can Broadfoot, but an unsettled CH pairing is the last thing we need.

Would be happy if we could get Bartley. Or Wilson on loan. I worry about Cuellar - he was great when was here, but is he fit enough to play 50-odd games? if he picked up where he left off, it would be a drop of a hat.

I hate transfer windows.

I much prefer winning the league on the last day of the season.