Richard Foster vents fury at fans

Bochum 2

Ginczek 44, Aydin 90

Aberdeen 1

Mackie 85

NEW Aberdeen captain Richard Foster had an unhappy opening game as Dons skipper after an ugly confrontation with fans during last night's friendly in Germany.

Foster was abused by the small band of Aberdeen supporters in Herne before he even kicked the ball. The Dons fans took exception to Foster's successful loan spell at rivals Rangers last season, which provoked the barracking.

It continued throughout the game and the defender finally snapped by launching a foul-mouthed tirade at the supporters as he came off the pitch at half time.

But the Pittodrie stalwart was adamant he would do the same again at a packed Pittodrie and fiercely defended his actions.

Asked if he understood the fans reaction, he stated: "No, not at all. I left Aberdeen to go on loan. I never asked to leave Aberdeen.

"I got to play in some massive games for Rangers and I was never going to turn that opportunity down.

Now I am back here I have obviously proved to the manager over the first couple of weeks that I want to be here because he has made me captain. Aberdeen have got a good section of fans. By and large they are great fans, but there is a small section who have taken a dislike to me. But I won't shy away from that. I will let them know I don't enjoy it. The whole first half I was getting abuse and yet they expected me to clap them at the end!"

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown added: "What happened to Richard Foster is unfair and if some supporters did have a go then I would say they are not insightful.

"His reaction will not endear him to the supporters but there were mitigating circumstances."

Darren Mackie netted his second goal in two pre-season games, but the Dons went down to the last kick of the ball to the Bundesliga II side.

Aberdeen: Oldfield (Rossl 46), Clark, Considine, Mawene, Foster, Jack (Robertson 65), Fyvie (Gentner 68), Osbourne (Paton 68), Milson (Colic 68), Pawlett (Mackie 65), Vernon (Magennis 68).

:wtf:

Poor guy will get dogs abuse off the scum element of Aberdeen fans when he plays at Shittodrie. He'd be better off giving Coisty a call and coming back to Rangers as a squad player getting paid more than he does at Aberdeen for doing less and taking less abuse.

NEW Aberdeen skipper Richard Foster hit out last night after he was booed by his OWN fans in Germany.

The former Rangers loan star launched a foul-mouthed blast after being given pelters in his first game as skipper.

But he has vowed NOT to back down and warned the supporters to shut up.

Foster was named skipper ahead of last night's pre-season loss to Bundeliga II side Bochum.

The small band of the Red Army started their abuse of the defender BEFORE kick-off.

He was repeatedly told to go back to Ibrox after his successful loan spell last term and was booed when he touched the ball, causing Foster to snap at the interval, telling fans to 'f*** off'.

Fozzie was amazed when the same fans - who have a fierce rivalry with Rangers - demanded he clap them after the game!

Asked if he understood the Dons fans reactions, Foster raged: "No, not at all. I left Aberdeen to go on loan, I never asked to leave Aberdeen. I got to play in some massive games for Rangers and I was never going to turn that opportunity down. Now I am back here I have obviously proved to the manager that I want to be here because he made me captain, so I don't understand where they are coming from at all.

"I know it may only be a small section of the fans, but I'll make it apparent it is not acceptable.

"By and large they are great fans, but there is a small section who have taken a dislike to me.

"But I won't shy away from that. I'll let them know I don't enjoy it.

"I never said I wanted to go away - I was effectively sent away. I just tried to do my best when I was away and then for the whole first half I was getting abuse and yet they expected me to clap them at the end!

"I was quite gutted. I don't think I should have to win them over, but I think I will have to."

Dons boss Craig Brown - who saw Darren Mackie score as the Dons lost to a last-minute goal - insisted: "I'm not giving it the old Wenger treatment by saying I didn't see it but I think what happened to Richard is unfair.

"His reaction will not endear him to the supporters but there were mitigating circumstances."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3681971/Foster-in-blast-at-boo-boys.html#ixzz1RNAHp2DC

Seems to me he is in for a fight. I doubt he will keep it up though but the sheepie fans will so I can either see him moving at the end of the window or January. Should really move for his own good even if it is his home town.

I thought, bar his shambolic debut, that Foster did really rather well here, and certainly no worse than Whittaker or Papac.

Problem is it shows how weak we've been in those positions since Hutton left that we're singing up the performance of a decent journeyman like Foster.

Let's try it then when the Aberdeen match comes up ibrox :)

I'm sure it will get an airing...........................................if he's still with the sheep by then?