Gersnet Player of the Year (including Man of the Match stats for the season)

Your Player of the Year  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Your Player of the Year

• Allan McGregor
    • Vladimir Weiss
    • Steven Naismith
    • Steven Davis
    • Kyle Lafferty
    • Nikica Jelavic
    • Other (please state in thread)

After going through the main site's man of the match polls for the season (some games weren't covered but there is a good spread of 36 games including league, CL, UEFA and cup matches), I can exclusively reveal that the player with most MotM awards was:

:am:

As we've discussed recently the lad has been fantastic this season so this wasn't a huge surprise. However it was very close. Shagger had 5 awards to his name while Naismith, Weiss and Lafferty all had 4. In total, 16 different players had won a match award though which shows our squad did do it's job - no matter how small it supposedly was.

I've also collated the results for 2nd place in the match-by-match awards and again a good spread of players have done well here with 18 different players being a 'vice-winner'. Of those; Naismith, Davis and Lafferty again all showed up well with 5 separate 'wins' each.

Lies, damned lies and statistics I hear you shout, so we'll have one last poll where I've selected the main guys worthy of your vote. From that we can see the forum's Player of the Year!

Have fun! :cool:

I should note that the results were collated from the external site votes (not 'my' choice in each match ratings thread).

Moreover, our best young players were Weiss (4 MotM awards with 2 second places) and Jamie Ness (2 MotM awards with 4 second places). :)

Quite interesting to see how well Lafferty has done in particular. I doubt many of us would have considered him as our best player but the stats suggest he's had a decent season overall (as not all awards were in the last month or so). Considering he was voted the GN Worst Player of season 09/10, that's a decent answer to his critics.

Steven Davis also fared better than I'd have thought. I've personally been quite critical but cl;early he still has his admirers amongst our support on a regular basis. His finish to the season was also crucial to our success.

Surprisingly Kenny Miller only had one MotM award and one second place despite his impressive contribution before Xmas. Meanwhile, past winner Bougherra (09/10) and last season's unsung hero (McCulloch) didn't feature in the awards all that often.

:jb:

Beattie only had one 2nd prize to his name this season unfortunately... :whistle:

As did McCulloch, Fleck, Alexander, Diouf and, surprisingly for me, Whittaker.

Guest Bonkle Bear

McGregor for me as well. Naismith had his best season yet for us and his form only dipped at the turn of the year for a short period.

Miller was absolutely phenomenal till he was sold in January and probably would have been a shoe in had we decided not to cash in. Jelavic would probably have been the same had Black not taken him out at Tynecastle.

Davis was disappointing (in terms of what he is capable of) for the majority of the season and only really found his true consistency as we went into the last straight.