Loyalty is me important than money.

For you perhaps. Not for everyone. And would you be quite so loyal if the fire service, for instance, were offering to quadruple your police wages ? Maybe you would, but there is every chance you would be in the minority.

Loyalty is me important than money.

The only thing anyone should be loyal to is family. If that means moving jobs to earn a lot more money you are foolish not too, especially in a career that doesn't last very long.

The romantic notion that every play that plays for Ranger should never leave is great but in reality unfeasible and frankly, a fantasy

The only thing anyone should be loyal to is family. If that means moving jobs to earn a lot more money you are foolish not too, especially in a career that doesn't last very long.

The romantic notion that every play that plays for Ranger should never leave is great but in reality unfeasible and frankly, a fantasy

Funny enough it is your family that suffer in this situation. They are pulled away to a foreign land where they cannot speak the language. It is okay for the players as they are training and meet different people but the wives are normally left in a hotel or house looking at the 4 walls. I know from experience living in Holland. Guy's who came on their own had a great time and many stayed here but nearly all who came as a couple never settled mostly because the wife or girlfriend couldn't settle.

Funny enough it is your family that suffer in this situation. They are pulled away to a foreign land where they cannot speak the language. It is okay for the players as they are training and meet different people but the wives are normally left in a hotel or house looking at the 4 walls. I know from experience living in Holland. Guy's who came on their own had a great time and many stayed here but nearly all who came as a couple never settled mostly because the wife or girlfriend couldn't settle.

Good point pete. One would surely, though, discuss that with the wife before making the decision ?

That is not always the case though. Some see it as a new venture,life changing opportunity and most clubs these days do provide a lot of help with the wives/families. Remember we also take players away from their homes and they all seem to manage.

This loyalty to his family stuff is abject nonsense. If it were a choice between leaving Rangers and his family starving , then it's fair. We're talking shades of millionaire here. When you're in that position, you can afford to be loyal. There are more important things than money.

This loyalty to his family stuff is abject nonsense. If it were a choice between leaving Rangers and his family starving , then it's fair. We're talking shades of millionaire here. When you're in that position, you can afford to be loyal. There are more important things than money.

To you maybe,but not everyone has that opinion otherwise nearly every player would just stay where they are happy,obviously. But this was not just for the cash was it?.

To you maybe,but not everyone has that opinion otherwise nearly every player would just stay where they are happy,obviously. But this was not just for the cash was it?.

Nope, it's - like everything else - a pride issue. I don't dislike Miller for leaving, but my job isn't to think about things from his perspective, or his family's. My loyalties to Rangers, it was better for Rangers if he'd stayed, therefore he should have stayed, for me.

It wasn't about money. It's a pity the non-money thing it was related to wasn't a sense of genuinly being an unambiguous hero in something bigger than yourself, an institution that will outlive your grand children while all the while in your own days being adored and living well. KM served us well, and cheers. If the money were right, and he weren't so old, I'd have him back.

But he's had his shot, for me. More than once ;)

Nope, it's - like everything else - a pride issue. I don't dislike Miller for leaving, but my job isn't to think about things from his perspective, or his family's. My loyalties to Rangers, it was better for Rangers if he'd stayed, therefore he should have stayed, for me.

It wasn't about money. It's a pity the non-money thing it was related to wasn't a sense of genuinly being an unambiguous hero in something bigger than yourself, an institution that will outlive your grand children while all the while in your own days being adored and living well. KM served us well, and cheers. If the money were right, and he weren't so old, I'd have him back.

But he's had his shot, for me. More than once ;)

In other words "blue tinted glasses" which means you don;t look at the situation objectively