Europa Cup Final

Guest Dutchy

I don't know how many of you wathched that game last night, but it was the most awful lot of shit I've seen in a long time. As both clubs were from the same country, it was played like a league game, but worse.

There should be a return to all countries only being allowed ONE club into the CL and the rest can fight for the second prize in Europe.

I know it's all about money, but if the same countries keep getting to the final, or at least the same clubs, they are just increasing their wealth and not the wealth of football all over Europe. Surely if these teams are good enough, they'll rise to the top anyway.

I also know all this has been spouted before, but that game last night gave me such negative feelings that I couldn't stop thinking about our great play to lift the championship for the past 3 years, and we're still suffering anti-football jibes from ignorant fancy dans.:mad::colbert:

It was awful, but had nothing to do with where they came from and everything to do with Braga playing like us in 2008. Porto were a class apart, just like Zenit were to us.

Guest Dutchy

Yeah their league positions at the end were Porto some 20+points in front of Braga, but I still think that they knew each other too well to provide any real 'free and and flowing' footy.

Still, that's just my opinion based on being unfortunate enough to have watched the FOOL 90 minutes.

Awful game in my honest opinion felt like doing something else.

EDIT: If Benfica got to the final it would have been a much better game in my eyes. Braga are quite defensive and don't concede many while not scoring many.

Yeah their league positions at the end were Porto some 20+points in front of Braga, but I still think that they knew each other too well to provide any real 'free and and flowing' footy.

Still, that's just my opinion based on being unfortunate enough to have watched the FOOL 90 minutes.

It might not be completely wrong. The el Classicos in the CL were chronic. And they had Messi, C Ron, Iniesta and Xavi ffs.

but that game last night gave me such negative feelings that I couldn't stop thinking about our great play to lift the championship for the past 3 years

Think there's a good topic in there with 3 English teams straight into the CL and one (probably) in at QR4 whilst we're on QR3.

Now that could be City who haven't played in Europe in donkeys going straight in while we have to play 2 qualifiers. That is bullshit. The champions from the leagues should get automatic with the rest qualifying.

Think there's a good topic in there with 3 English teams straight into the CL and one (probably) in at QR4 whilst we're on QR3.

Now that could be City who haven't played in Europe in donkeys going straight in while we have to play 2 qualifiers. That is bullshit. The champions from the leagues should get automatic with the rest qualifying.

Its got a lot better in recent years with Platini's new qualifying systems with the likes of Zilna and Debrecen getting into the group stages. Its still a monopoly for the big leagues. I think Platini is a bit of a numpty president but he has made it fairer sort of for provincial champions of their league, like us.