I�m staying at Gers..and so will Jela

SASA PAPAC insists there's NO chance of Nikica Jelavic quitting Rangers this summer.

The Bosnian defender kicked off Ally McCoist's first week in charge of Gers by signing a new one-year deal yesterday.

Then he revealed close pal Jelavic plans to be with him when the new season begins. Croat striker Jelavic has been the target of interest from top clubs down south.

But Papac said: "Nikica is happy here. He said to me that this has been the best thing that's happened in his career.

"He doesn't want to leave - he wants to stay for another couple of years. It's very important he stays because he's a special player for us."

Papac signed under Paul le Guen in 2006 and had been chased by clubs across Europe but insists he never wanted to leave.

The deal he's penned is the same as the one he was offered in January.

But the Bosnian reckons the future of the club has changed dramatically after Craig Whyte's takeover.

He said: "I always believed this would happen. I said all the time my priority was Rangers.

"For me Rangers is the best club in the world. I have everything here. I will be a Rangers supporter for the rest of my life.

"A new situation is here, a new owner is here and I'm so happy I will be staying for another year."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3586370/Im-staying-at-Gersand-so-will-Jela.html#ixzz1Meuh0y4L

Guest Dutchy

Well I'd sure like to see Jelavic stay on for another few years, but when the BIG transfer bid comes in, he may find some better days in his life.

I would say it depends on his views on money. Sasa certainly seems to be content with his lot here in Scotland. Folk say he's not that good, but if you're reliable, you could get a good position somewhere in the English Championship. Basically more money.

Jelavic has to decide whether he wants lots and lots of cash, or lots and lots of medals.