Seeing as we have a new owner, potentially a new title, and potentially money from the CL assuming we qualify, I'd say we have a chance to let go some of the minor players we have, and build the team around the very best we have.

Our best players are McGregor, Whittaker, Davis, Naismith, Jelavic, maybe McCulloch, and possibly Ness. I'd hold onto all of them.

I'd let go Papac, Weir, Bougherra, Edu, El Hadj and Beattie.

I'd think long and hard about Wylde, Healy, Lafferty, Foster.

I'd consider signing Bartley and Weiss.

But what is certain is we'll need an overhaul in defence as I'm certain the only one staying is Whittaker.

The only SPL players id consider adding would be Eremenko and Templeton. Was quite impressed with the latter last Saturday. Goodwillie has a bit of talent so could be another.

I'd stick Fleck on that list too.

Yeah I'd agree with Fleck.

Don't want to split the squad too much. They've got some bottle.

Keep Lafferty because I feel his best is yet to come. Papac and Edu - I'd keep them too.

Bartley on loan would be great as would buying Weiss.

I would sell Boogie and I think Weir's going to retire from playing.

Guest carter001

Don't agree with wylde and fleck. They are both still very young and we could be getting rid of players with great potential. The name Charlie Adam springs to mind!

Don't agree with wylde and fleck. They are both still very young and we could be getting rid of players with great potential. The name Charlie Adam springs to mind!

I understand that but Fleck hasn't even had 2 good games for us.....EVER! Maybe McCoist will find a position for him that he'll excel in. How many chances do we want to give him though?

I understand that but Fleck hasn't even had 2 good games for us.....EVER! Maybe McCoist will find a position for him that he'll excel in. How many chances do we want to give him though?

The Fleck situation is baffling. I think many of us have forgotten just how great the hype was. He was even touted as a certainty for the GB Olympic team by a London newspaper. Still young enough to be considered in terms of potential, though, but at all costs we must avoid an Adam situation. Remember John Spencer, Charlie Miller to name but two?

Edited by alexscottislegend
grammar

I think Healy has actually looked pretty good and sharp in the limited time he's had, so wouldn't be disappointed if he was our backup option up front.

I'd let Lafferty go, the lad may be a trier, but he's still too much of a liability in my book.

I thought Wylde has done well and Fleck needs either a run in the team in his preferred position or maybe a season on loan somewhere.

Foster is another one who came in for some stick early on but did put in some good performances in big games. I guess a lot will depend on how McCoist sees the back four next season and where Whittaker will play, not to mention Broadfoot.

Edu has looked a bit better, but if we got an offer from someone I think we should let him go. The money and wages would be better spent on other areas of the team when we have Ness & Hutton as well.

Guest Dutchy

I'd like to see us get Bartley back. I'd try to keep hold of Papac and Foster would be OK as well

I reckon McCulloch will be captain next year and I wouldn't worry too much about Weiss, unless we could get him on the cheap, which I doubt, or another loan deal.

I think I'd keep Lafferty now as he has had some good performances in his early years and has come good again at the end this season. He's been through a lot and it all adds to his experience.

As for new signings, we just have to wait and see. Maybe Goodwillie would be worth it, Eremenko seems to get sent off too often when he loses the plot, although he is a good player, will he shine at Ibrox. I wouldn't be too worried about him.

I suspect there will be a few surprises of folk whose names none of us can pronounce. lol