Now CW has eventually taken over the Rangers and with Ally taking over as the new manager what will our new squad look like?,how many of the current squad will be given new contracts?,who would you keep from this squad and who would you let go?.

Squad as it stands:

# Allan McGregor  
# 25 Neil Alexander 

# 3 David Weir [i](out of contract)[/i]
# 4 Kirk Broadfoot 
# 5 Sasa Papac [i](out of contract)[/i]
# 12 Richard Foster [i](loan ends)[/i]
# 16 Steven Whittaker  
# 21 Kyle Bartley [i](loan ends)[/i]
# 24 Madjid Bougherra  
# 39 Greg Wylde 
# 45 Darren Cole 
# ?? Ross Perry
# ?? Jordan McMillan [i](out of contract)[/i]

# 6 Lee McCulloch  
# 7 Maurice Edu 
# 8 Steve Davis
# 10 John Fleck 
# 14 Steven Naismith 
# 20 Vladimir Weiss [i](loan ends)[/i]
# 28 Salim Kerkar [i](out of contract)[/i]
# 32 Thomas Kind Bendiksen  [i](out of contract)[/i]
# 37 Andrew Shinnie [i](out of contract)[/i]
# 40 Jamie Ness 
# 41 Kyle Hutton
# ?? Stephen Stirling

# 11 Kyle Lafferty 
# 15 David Healy [i](out of contract)[/i]
# 18 Nikica Jelavic 
# 17 El Hadji Diouf [i](loan ends)[/i]
# 29 Andrew Little  
# 48 Kane Hemmings
# ?? James Beattie

Now CW has eventually taken over the Rangers and with Ally taking over as the new manager what will our new squad look like?,how many of the current squad will be given new contracts?,who would you keep from this squad and who would you let go?.

New contracts:

Davis

McGregor

Whittaker

Sell:

Bougherra

I reckon Papac will move on to pastures new.

New signings. There will be plenty of names linked but I'd like to see us go for players like Sebastian Larsson, Oscar Wendt, David Vaughan, Andreas Granqvist, Marek Cech, Nikola Pokrivac, Christoph Leitgeb, Stanislav Sestak, Danny Swanson, Grettar Steinsson (sp?)

Out of those 32 players; I'd say only 25 of them can be considered senior players capable of playing first team football but even some of them are arguably not good enough.

Out of that figure we then have 11 players who are either out of contract or their loan ending.

That leaves us 14 players. We'll need to sign at least 6 or 7 players and that doesn't include selling anyone who isn't out of contract.

Thank feck Kerkar will be on his way out. What a baffling signing that was! I'd love to see Papac sign on for another 2 seasons even if it is just as a back up. It's hard to decide right now because every Rangers fan is on a high and I'm thinking I'd keep Lafferty and Edu which is just as strange, if not slightly more, than the signing of Kerkar.

I'd need to wait a month when the dust has settled before giving my thoughts on this.

Remember we have Beattie to come back, and possibly Velicka?? :brick:

A lot will depend on the loans. Would like Weiss and Bartley back for another season. Foster did ok when called upon so wouldnt be bad cover, and Healy would be a better squad player than Diouf.

Naming new signings will be tough to say until we know the budget.

I wouldnt do any knee jerk reations especially with the likes of Edu. 3 good games out of 40 doesnt make him a good player, but he has shown he has the ability.

Ive always said Lafferty has something in his locker and now he is playing through the middle with Jelavic we are seeing a good partnership developing, they are both big strong and quick.

What is refreshing is Hutton, Ness and Wylde are like 3 new signings. They have all established themselves in the matchday squad. A solid centre half and centre midfielder would be on top of my list.

Velicka is finished he is in his last year and I think we released him anyway.

Ekranas

On 11 February 2011 Velička joined FK Ekranas on 3 years deal.