Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Frankie

Any news on Davis?

If FF are right only 1 year extension, it doesn't sound very good.

Nothing of real substance mate.

Information is conflicting - on one hand we have all the positive stuff from Whyte in the media but on the other we have people with solid contacts saying Whyte still hasn't secured investment required to pay fees for players so in essence, we'll be restricted to Bosman/loan deals unless we sell players.

Us proles are thus stuck somewhere in the middle as what to believe. :(

Guest hurricane_dj

Well id be inclined to start leaning to say there isn't the money there. We are constantly told we will sign 5 or 6 players and there will be new deals for players, though what has happened not much. Two months almost into the job and yet has anyone signed a new contract no. Then there is five players who left at end of season due to the end of loans and there has been some movement but no one has signed, and we need at least 5. During last season there were times when he had 1 or 2 less than full total on the bench, so unless they start signing players we are going to have a very thin squad and 5 or 6 is not enough. The sooner we sign players the better and I dont agree with oh we can supplement the team with loans, how can you build a team when you are bringing in 5 loans every year. That was fair enough when we were supposedly held to ransom by the bank. Just to add there is just over 3 weeks to the start of the season and where the opposition can hit the ground running we will be by the looks of it scrambling in signings and hoping the team can gel quickly.

I'd rather play Championship football over Champions League football too.

:thinking:

Honestly, this shit about the CL is a fucking myth. Players don't give a fuck about Rangers being in the CL, these other teams can offer double the wages at least.

I wish people would stop harking on about it, this is a money game, not nostalgia.

Guest hurricane_dj

On Cuellar if the money is there a thought we would have gladly played 3m for him, 1.5m is a joke of a bid certainly when we paid 2.4m the first time around. If you add 3m on to original that is still less than we got for him, never mind how much money we earned in that season where he was crucial part of the success we had.

Goodwillie he is a risk but he is risk where we could potentially make a lot more than 2m with selling him on. Also has ability on the park that would help us gain future success.

We also hear of how Ali Russel and Craig Whyte want to expand the Rangers Brand how can you do that without the quality players being brought in to help sell those Jerseys.

I am happy that they have told us our plans and certainly seem promising but its time to shut up for now and get on it with it

I'm leaning towards the nae dough camp. We've achieved absolutely nothing since the takeover. Not a single contract extended, not a hint of the squad being added to. A pathetic bid to bring the greatest Rangers defender of the last 10 years back does not appease. If there was any money, we'd be well on our way by now. Fuckin moonbeams Mk II.

On Cuellar if the money is there a thought we would have gladly played 3m for him, 1.5m is a joke of a bid certainly when we paid 2.4m the first time around. If you add 3m on to original that is still less than we got for him, never mind how much money we earned in that season where he was crucial part of the success we had.

Goodwillie he is a risk but he is risk where we could potentially make a lot more than 2m with selling him on. Also has ability on the park that would help us gain future success.

We also hear of how Ali Russel and Craig Whyte want to expand the Rangers Brand how can you do that without the quality players being brought in to help sell those Jerseys.

I am happy that they have told us our plans and certainly seem promising but its time to shut up for now and get on it with it

With Cuellar its awkward he is in his last year, I believe that is why we are penny pinching but should have bid at least �£2m first time and try and meet in the middle. Goodwillie his case is the main problem if the media is to believed his case for the rape charge is meant to be sorted this week. He has another one as well but apparently that is a fine but we will wait and see...

Guest hurricane_dj

Goodwillie fair enough there is risk, but other than that doesnt excuse the fact we have had a transfer window open since June 7th with no new players.

We have a squad of 12 or 13 1st team players supplemented with 7 inexperienced youngsters at the minute with just over 3 weeks to go to the start of the season. Investment is needed and at the minute it does not look like we are getting it

Goodwillie fair enough there is risk, but other than that doesnt excuse the fact we have had a transfer window open since June 7th with no new players.

We have a squad of 12 or 13 1st team players supplemented with 7 inexperienced youngsters at the minute with just over 3 weeks to go to the start of the season. Investment is needed and at the minute it does not look like we are getting it

I agree our squad is severely lacking. I said in another thread if there isn't at least 2 or 3 new players by the 23rd of July I will be rather annoyed.