Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I think Gav reckons he's being a 'bellend' because one minute Cuellar is apparently for sale, the next he's not - remember our first bid was rejected, we were not actually told he wasn't for sale - we were quoted �£3M.

I just don't like the man, his tactics, team selections and personality. His press conferences are doom and gloom and bordering on mind-numbing!

Why should other teams give a shit about Rangers and the SPL ? They have their own teams to look after and if that means they want to spend the whole pre-season assessing them then so be it.

Gav, I know I didnt quote your post but am going to answer in this one if that is OK ? :flipa: I dont know McCleish so wouldnt know if he is a bellend - on what basis do you consider him a bellend ?

See post #752.

I'll never forgive him for putting out a midfield trio of Malcolm, Hughes and Namouchi for a game where we needed a draw to progress to the next stage of the UEFA Cup. It was a group game at home against Auxerre (I think) and he decided t experiment.

We got beat 2 or 3-0. Hammered!

The guy is clueless and ruins teams!

Have heard from a few people Whittaker will walk out with �£15k basic and the rest will be appearance and goal bonuses

don't know how much of that is true or not but surely we haven't gave him a basic wage of �£20k + if we have I'd expect to see McGregor, Davis and Jelavic all wanting a fair bit more than that.

Been thinking about our interest in Goodwillie. It's baffling why we're wanting to sign a guy who attracts all the wrong types of interest. Pending trials for rape and assault who already has a previous conviction in his baggage.

I hope Thompson keeps knocking back our bids. I'd rather play Beattie than Goodwillie.

Been thinking about our interest in Goodwillie. It's baffling why we're wanting to sign a guy who attracts all the wrong types of interest. Pending trials for rape and assault who already has a previous conviction in his baggage.

I hope Thompson keeps knocking back our bids. I'd rather play Beattie than Goodwillie.

I think Goodwillie will be a great addition if/when it happens.

Just hope that playing for us would be the making of him.

I think Goodwillie will be a great addition if/when it happens.

Even with a case for rape hanging over his head or if he does sign and he does get found guilty, a previous conviction for rape?

There's no difference between that and what Thomson of Hearts has done.

Even with a case for rape hanging over his head or if he does sign and he does get found guilty, a previous conviction for rape?

There's no difference between that and what Thomson of Hearts has done.

McGregor was accused of something similar mate and eventually had no case to answer,

I wouldn't sign Goodwillie until all charges in that instance were dropped it would be too big a gamble to sign anyone with that hanging over them.

as for the assault charge we have all been there mate caught up in fights at dancings involving mates granted it's a stupid thing for someone with his profile to be doing.

Personally I think there is a difference between what Goodwillie is accused of and what Thomson of Hearts has admitted doing.

I think Goodwillie would be a good addition to our team he is a quality player, BUT would only sign him after he has been cleared of those charges.

Have heard from a few people Whittaker will walk out with �£15k basic and the rest will be appearance and goal bonuses

don't know how much of that is true or not but surely we haven't gave him a basic wage of �£20k + if we have I'd expect to see McGregor, Davis and Jelavic all wanting a fair bit more than that.

Real Radio guy on twitter saying he has turned the latest offer down.

Real Radio guy on twitter saying he has turned the latest offer down.

wouldn't be surprised if he has mate

Was told yesterday he had agreed deal but nothing was confirmed it was just rumours

If he has rejected latest offer then it's time to move on IMHO