Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

People have the right to question what they want Ally. I've clarified my opinion on it all, and as often happens on forums, people, such as yourself, take the wee bits they really don't like, blow them up and focus on them alone, completely ignoring the rest, just so they can have a wee argument.

I have some criticisms of Ally, I also have some praise for some of the ways he's gone about things, as I posted in that thread. Funnily enough, you have not praised him at all...

I have some criticisms of Ally, I also have some praise for some of the ways he's gone about things, as I posted in that thread. Funnily enough, you have not praised him at all...

People come on here and post negative things about Rangers, the board, the coaching staff and the players and more often than not they're shot down in flames simply because people can't have a bad word said about they club they support.

Those blue tinted specs must be stuck on. Some people need to get a grip!

People come on here and post negative things about Rangers, the board, the coaching staff and the players and more often than not they're shot down in flames simply because people can't have a bad word said about they club they support.

Those blue tinted specs must be stuck on. Some people need to get a grip!

And so do the ones who post the stuff that's well over the top don't you think? Some of the negative stuff posted about certain players and especially one of the greatest managers we've ever had and what he did for us was shameful. There's nothing wrong if you don't like any player or manager but some comments get pretty bad.

And so do the ones who post the stuff that's well over the top don't you think? Some of the negative stuff posted about certain players and especially one of the greatest managers we've ever had and what he did for us was shameful. There's nothing wrong if you don't like any player or manager but some comments get pretty bad.

Well the way Super_Ally has been going on, you'd think I'd called our manager a snow blower or described him as the worst thing since Hitler (GODWIN!).

Well the way Super_Ally has been going on, you'd think I'd called our manager a snow blower or described him as the worst thing since Hitler (GODWIN!).

I think it's just he can't understand (like me) how a manager can get questioned without 1. playing a game and 2. for lack of transfers when it's not his place to sign players mate.

I think it's just he can't understand (like me) how a manager can get questioned without 1. playing a game and 2. for lack of transfers when it's not his place to sign players mate.

Surely he would have some say, I want this player and see if it is in his budget requirements, surely he might also say how much he is willing to go up to? I know Smith and Whyte are the actual people that will deal with most of the transfer aspect.

Surely he would have some say, I want this player and see if it is in his budget requirements, surely he might also say how much he is willing to go up to? I know Smith and Whyte are the actual people that will deal with most of the transfer aspect.

I wouldn't have thought he'd have much say at all apart from as you say maybe giving what he thinks the player is worth but is it just a guess? I would think he has told him he is one player he really wants so maybe they will pay a bit more than they would like but then again it doesn't look like it. He will know the budget so if he wants other players then maybe he's been told if we paid this for A then you won't get B and/or C? Or maybe i'm talking crap :)

He won't get in touch with DU asking them for a valuation or negotiating what we are willing to pay or can afford that's not his job. He just wants the player in his squad.