Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

we will get rid off

beattie

boogie

whittaker

we will bring in

cuellar

bartley

wallace

another centre midfielder

hutton loan

weiss loan

giovani dos santos loan

goodwillie

I like your optimism on those 3, I thought I heard Hutton was released, mind. Giovanni Dos Santos is almost going back to Spain and well I don't think Man City want to loan us Weiss but they may change their mind in mid August if he is still on their books.

He's just stated a fact. Maybe players are preferring to join a club who have an experienced managerial at the helm.

Maybe not.

He, Danny, asserted an opinion which few seem to agree with. It is not fact that any potential signing has not signed specifically because our manager is inexperienced.

Didnt read that Hutton was released by Spurs. That is their loss, whenever I watched them he played well in every game bar one. Sunderland were linked with a loan move for him in January so might be back in for him.

Im not even going to think of the possibility of Hutton and Cuellar in the same team at Ibrox next season. Its probably more likely they will be at Villa together especially if we are not going to raise our offer for Cuellar to 2.5m.

Not bothered about Danns, hadnt heard of him and dont think he is better than our current first choice midfield.

He, Danny, asserted an opinion which few seem to agree with. It is not fact that any potential signing has not signed specifically because our manager is inexperienced.

The fact I was relating to is that McCoist is an inexperienced manager.

Also, Leicester have just bid �£3m for Mickail-Smith. Maybe Danns has bought into the idea by the Leicester management and owners that the club are going places.

We need to realise that your run of the mill players aren't bothered about playing in the CL.

Didn't actually assert an opinion. I asked a question. Which some seem outraged by. Fair do's.

You don't seem to be a fan of Ally and he hasn't even managed a game for us yet, give him a wee while in charge surely :surprised:

The last time I did that after having early doubts was the PLG era.

I'm not a fan of Ally, nor am I a critic. I am giving him my backing but rightfully questioning his performance in the transfer market. If having concerns about our total failures so far on that front means I'm a critic of Ally McCoist, well, I don't really see the link, but fair enough.

The fact I was relating to is that McCoist is an inexperienced manager.

Yes, and all the bosses we've had since Smith took over in 91 have all been worldwide names in management or well known experienced bosses - Walter Smith, Dick Advocaat, PLG, Eck. McCoist seems to be finding it very tough to bring in players.

I was merely positing a theory as to why.

It's been deduced from this that I'm a McCoist hater.

Yet I'm seeing a lot of concern elsewhere online about our lack of signings. Are they all McCoist haters too?

For years we complained we over spent and over paid for players , now we have set parameters we wont go opver and the whole internet fans base is nearing meltdown , and there's still 2 months to go .

The downside is the C/L qualifiers , but as we have been in this position before the board , manager cant use anything as an excuse , we just need to sit tight and hope they know what they are doing

Again, though, why is it you are pointing the finger at McCoist ?

Danny, you have either avoided my questions in this regard or, well, I dont know.

McCoist identifies the targets. Other than that he is the mouthpiece.

Whyte, along with Smith, will be handling transfer negotiations. Any ire with regard to our failing on the transfer front should be directed towards those two, not McCoist.