The 15th of April has no apparent importance in the broad scheme of things but two stories in the media and over the internet sites jumped up and stood out for me above all others.

Phil Mac Giolla Bhain�s attack on Stephen Smith. Phil in contact with, The National Association of Schoolmasters Union of Woman Teachers(NASUWT) attacked Mr Smith for being a member of the Rangers Supporters trust and defending the singing of the famine song. The fact is Mr Smith did not claim that the singing of the song was right. He claimed that the response to it was over the top. If I reverse my car into another parked car I can officially say I was in a car crash. While being factually correct it is really an over the top statement. The same can be said be said over the Famine song. The song in itself is a just cheap ditty taking the mickey out of those plastic paddies whose only glimpse of the emerald isle is looking at duck island in the Kelvingrove park duck pond, with green coloured sunglasses on. It would seem if you want to be offended then you can be offended. The Scottish courts have however declared that it is a sectarian song and therefore people should refrain from singing it otherwise they are open to prosecution.

Seemingly also on the 15th of April Phil Mac Giolla Bhain released information on his blog, against police wishes, that Niel Lennon had received bomb threats. On the 16th of April the story was pulled from his blog as he probably realised he had full coverage without consequences.

Phil Mac Giolla Bhain�s claims to be a knight In shining armour against social injustice against Irish \Catholics stops when it comes to the truth . I find it weird then that the top story from Reuters on that day was that a Belgian catholic priest thought it was okay to have sex with his 12 year old nephew because he didn�t resist. Strange that Phil Mac Giolla Bhain who claims to be a top journalist and fighter against social injustice never mentioned that on his blog I guess his social injustice against Catholics stops at the border of Govan.