Jelavic - a definite positive

I may be moaning about the standard of football coming out of Ibrox these days, but there's no moaning about Jelavic.

His goal last night was a piece of art, and it really does look like we've captured the ultimate striker who's a combination of Kenny Miller, Kris Boyd, and some technical class on top.

You get what you pay for, and we've paid �£4M for a striker who is only 5 behind Hooper in half the time - there are worries that he's too good for us and we're a stepping stone to the Premiership, but in this day and age anyone who excels in this league comes under that category.

He wrote himself into Ibrox folklore with his winner at Hampden, and is truly looking the real deal - a technically excellent striker who has skill, pace, strength and bags of goals in his armoury.

Money is tight, but �£4M is starting to look a bargain.

Not forgetting his sublime free kick last week against Accies. I don't mind any player using Rangers as a steppting srone because if they get their move it's because they are playing good enough to earn one.

As mentioned in another thread he could be the man to fire us to the title....2 pieces of sublime quality have kept us in the title race, but a shout goes to McGregor at the other of the park also. They are the 2 key men who are worth 10 million.

Go take a look at McCoist's overhead kick against Hibs way back when in the Cup final.... Jelavic's last night was very reminiscent of that.

He is a great talent. I am not so sure about him being "pacy" though - looks quite sluggish to me at times but maybe that is just his running style. Not being critical, I just dont really see him out-pacing that many defenders.

Maybe pacey wasn't exactly the right word - I think I meant strong runner - when you have good balance and upper body strength you can fend off challenging runners more easily.

Go take a look at McCoist's overhead kick against Hibs way back when in the Cup final.... Jelavic's last night was very reminiscent of that.

He is a great talent. I am not so sure about him being "pacy" though - looks quite sluggish to me at times but maybe that is just his running style. Not being critical, I just dont really see him out-pacing that many defenders.

I think he is still to reach peak fitness,maybe after a good pre-season we will see a much better/quicker Jelavic ???.

Maybe pacey wasn't exactly the right word - I think I meant strong runner - when you have good balance and upper body strength you can fend off challenging runners more easily.

Prso was never described as pacy either

Definitely a strong runner and definitely strong in fending off defenders. Not slow either but doesnt look "pacy". I am nit-picking because he really has been a shining light since he came back from injury and, to be fair, prior to injury.

Had he not been injured we may well have already had this league sewn up. However, ifs and buts and all that....