Agreed and your last line is definitely true. Pride isn't something we can justifiably use as an excuse over the coming years. It's a pity that SDM seems to have based his reign upon such a sin.

I can't stand Chick Young so hate to say that he kind of has a point. Well, he would have, if he had then gone on to ask AJ about the nod explicitly which is something Traynor said and would surely have occurred to anyone with half a braincell, let alone a bunch of journalists. That session clearly wasn't "off the record", so why on earth did someone not ask AJ to clarify his nod and gorilla comments exactly.

But Traynor made some excellent points around this and it was very funny to hear him saying how much it amused him to see how out of touch Young was with the whole takeover stuff given his past x number of years of trying to cosy up to Murray. It was also funny to see Young try and explain his way out of how he took some of the vague and non-specific comments and decided himself to make them explicit in terms of the club going in to administration. Was most amusing to hear Young desperately trying to talk his way out of things, like a kid who's been caught stealing and then denies everything.

What was the 10000 pound gorilla in the room - was AJ talking about the tax liability or David Murray. At the time I assumed the former but I'm not so sure now that he wasn't referring obliquely to the Fat Snake.

It was funny to hear Traynor ripping into El Chico like that, but also very hypocritical of him because he's done the same himself many many times. He obviously likes to think of himself as a good journo and certainly well above Chick's level in the Scottish press pack, but the truth of the matter is that JT is a trouble-making, shit-stirring, overpaid smart-ass who does every bit as much speculating as the next hack who gets paid to sell newspapers with quoteless nonsense articles.

What was the 10000 pound gorilla in the room - was AJ talking about the tax liability or David Murray. At the time I assumed the former but I'm not so sure now that he wasn't referring obliquely to the Fat Snake.

Depends on how you view it in the context, but to me it would be neither the tax issue or SDM. The 10000 pound gorilla in the room is LBG.

Guest Dutchy

I've not heard that exchange yet, mainly because I've heard these two go at it so often and manage to spew some amount of shite between them.

Which may be why most other forums and people are not too worried about it. I'll listen to it once my sound returns on my computer, huh!