UPDATE: Murray agrees to sell to Whyte

I've been involved with one. Just completed DD, about to finalise financing of an agreed 9 figure purchase for a client (many years ago) and an American company swoops in and purchases the subject for cash. A real kick in the teeth.

I've never been an acquirer so haven't had to try to ensure exclusivity. As a seller I've always had it forced upon me which probably gives me a very one-dimensional view of the world.

I've never been an acquirer so haven't had to try to ensure exclusivity. As a seller I've always had it forced upon me which probably gives me a very one-dimensional view of the world.

You are kidding me ? Forced upon MF.... that sounds like an oxymoron - I would have thought that anyone forcing that upon you would have been met with a rolling pin to the heid and after much discussion/debate/argument (delete as appropriate) would have seen the exclusivity clause deleted forthwith :D

Mrs craig is as knowledgeable about RFC as Mrs MF.... she has just informed me in very "matter-of-fact" "what is the big deal" tones that her new boss is good friends with SDM Jr. And, as is usually the case, getting info from Mrs craig is like pulling teeth.... I asked her to get the lowdown on whether SDM is selling or not and, again, in a "matter-of-fact" way said "yes, he definitely is. Jr said that it is taking up too much time and too much money".

Now, much as though many of us (myself included) are of the belief that SDM is not putting any money into Rangers.... you can actually see that being said by a Murray family member.

That said, I have my doubts on the veracity of that - but that is what was told to me.

Crazy women !

You are kidding me ? Forced upon MF.... that sounds like an oxymoron - I would have thought that anyone forcing that upon you would have been met with a rolling pin to the heid and after much discussion/debate/argument (delete as appropriate) would have seen the exclusivity clause deleted forthwith :D

Now I know you're taking the piss. As an accountant you know only too well who really controls the deal. :) Any time I've tried to dictate anything you guys have a hundred reasons why I'd be committing suicide to do anything that might jeopardize your fees. It's definitely a case of leave the rolling pin at the door and do what your told, while accepting full liability of course.

It is a rumour based on reliable information - nothing more at this stage.

I can only go on what has been provided to me over the last week and all information has been solid so far (and often before the media).

Like I say, hopefully I'll have some meat to put on the bones later as like everyone else I'm eager to know more.

Anything else to share on the rumoured late bid?

Could it be that when/if Whyte takes over, others who will not deal with Murray, will take some of the shares.

There's no doubt Whyte has been pressing the flesh with such people recently (see ongoing investment funding issues) so it may well be that either they work with him in some way or conversley perhaps they've decided they can fund it themselves without Whyte's input?

Either way I do think high net worth bears will be investing into the club once SDM leaves. To what extent and in what way I honestly don't know.